Health Care Unit
The TNAU dispensary has been functioning from June 20,1974. The medical facilities are utilized by students,faculty and other staff members,farm workers and their family members. The hospital functions with 3 Medical officers,1 Staff Nurse,2 Female Nursing Assistants and 1 Pharmacist. Apart from treating common illness and chronic diseases,emergency care is provided when needed.
The University dispensary supports for the health care activities to the students and staff members of the campus. The health centre has four bedded facilities to treat the patients for common health disorders with the required medical equipments for diagnosis and treatments.
- Preventive care for students, Staff and their family members from various diseases.
- Symptomatic treatment for common diseases.
- Emergency in accidents and insect bite.
- Diagnosis and treatment for Diabetes, Hypertension and Ischemic heart diseases.
- Immunization against Tetanus and Polio virus.
- Treatment for communicable diseases like Mumps, Measles and Typhoid.
- Testing of Blood sugar to the patients
- Taking ECG’s for the patients
- Providing first aid medicines to students of various departments going for study tour.
|3||DR.P.S.RAMESH BABU||MEDICAL OFFICER|
- Consulting rooms for Medical officers
- Treatment room
- ECG & Injection room
- Dressing room
- Meeting hall
- Equipment room
- Medical records room
INSTRUMENTS AVAILABLE IN THE HOSPITAL
The following medical equipments are available in the hospital
- ECG machine
- Cardiac monitor
- ENT diagnostic set
- BP apparatus
- Electric cautery set
- Foreign body remover for eye
- Tuning fork
- Personal computer purchased in 2011
- Ultrasound therapy (Massager)
- Generator- Kirloskar 10 KVA
- Electronic BP apparatus
- Metal walker and Folding walker
- Wheel chair
- Water purifier (Electronic)
ECG MACHINE (BPL CARDIART 6108T)
A computerized ECG machine (purchased in the year 2008) is equipped in TNAU Hospital.The ECG machine is effectively used to take ECG for hypertensive and Diabetic patients of TNAU.Also,the ECG machine is used for screening potential cardiac patients in emergency cases.On the average,ECG’s were taken for 400 patients in the last 5 years.
Ultrasound massager equipment is purchased in the year2009.This machine is used to treat patients with sprain,lowbackache and myalgia.Daily 5 to 10 patients are treated with this equipment.
Glucometer is one of the best used equipment in the hospital.More number of diabetic patients (around 15-20 patients daily) are benefited by the glucometer for detecting and measuring blood sugar level.
Nebulizer is therapeutically used to treat asthmatic and patients suffering from lung infection.
HEALTH CARE UNDERTAKEN:
The university dispensary has rendered the following health care activities to the students and staff members.
- Preventive care for students,staff and their family members from various disease
- Symptomatic treatment for common diseases
- Emergency in accidents,Insect and snake bites
- Diagnosis and treatment for Diabetes,Hypertension and Ischemic Heart disease.
- Immunization against Tetanus and polio
- Treatment for communicable diseases
- Testing of blood sugar to the patients(750-800 patients-2017&18)
- Taking ECG’s for the patients(80-90 patients/year)
- Providing First aid medicines to students of various departments going for study tour.
STATISTICAL DATA (2013-2017)
|YEAR||NEW CASES||OLD CASES||MALE||FEMALE||CHILDREN||MALE STUDENTS||FEMALE STUDENTS||TOTAL|
The Medical officers and TNAU hospital staffs participated the NSS camp organized by NSS volunteers at various villages every year from 2013 to 2017.In the camp,activities like diabetic screening and blood sugar testing and consultation are carried out.Around 150-200 patients normally attend the camp every year.
The following camps are arranged and conducted in association with various leading hospital in coimbatore and NSS of TNAU.The details of few camps are furnished below,
- EYE CAMP:
An eye camp was conducted by “Aravind Eye Hospitals” for Diabetic patients for identification of Diabetic Retinopathy.About 60 patients were benefited by the camp conducted during the month of June ‘2018
- ORTHO CAMP
TNAU hospital and BRJ ortho care & IMAK hospital jointly organized an Ortho camp on 18-03-2017 for the benefit of farm labourers,staff members,students and their families
- MASTER-HEALTH CHECKUP CAMP
Master Health checkup camp is conducted periodically in association with Thyro-care of coimbatore at concessional rate for the benefit of students,staff member & inmates of TNAU.
4. PULSE POLIO IMMUNIZATION CAMP:
Pulse polio immunization camp is organized in TNAU hospital every year January & February for the benefit of children below 5 years of age