UG Course Programmes
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
- B. Tech. (Biotechnology)
- B. Tech. (Bioinformatics)
- B. S. (Agribusiness Management)
- B. Tech. (Agricultural Information Technology)
The course credit-based semester system of education is being followed in TNAU for all the degree programmes from the academic year 1991-1992 onwards.
- Each semester has 105 working days.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- Each undergraduate degree program has total of 8 semesters.
- Marks score from Mid-semester, final practical and final theory examination are taken for grading of 10 for each semester. Accrual of marks from 1st to 8th semesters are graded as Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) out of 10.00.
- Inclusion of Physical Education, NSS, NCC, Yoga as part of the Curriculum.
Agro-Industrial Tie-up Programme
The students are given in-plant training for 15 days in agro-industries. This programme is being undertaken in VII semester.
The students are taken on tour to various Research Stations and Agricultural Colleges situated in the State to facilitate them to know the major crops in various agroclimatic regions of State and to observe and learn the latest developments in agriculture across the State. Similarly, the students are taken on tour to various Institutes and Universities in India, which are engaged in imparting agricultural education, research, extension and training. This enables the students to understand the scenario of Indian agriculture i.e. major crops grown in different agro climate regions of India