Current Research Activities
- Fixing optimum dose of glyphosate plus AM fungi to prevent phytotoxicity symptoms in both weeds and plant.
- Assessment of adverse role of AM fungi when combined with glyphosate in boosting availability of glyphosate residues that can affect plant growth.
- Effect of over doses of glyphosate on crop growth and microorganisms like AM fungi, which reside in soil and roots of the host plant.
- Recording the effect of application of glyphosate on seed germination and residue accumulation in soil and economic parts of crops
- Estimation of growth promoting substances in wood vinegar
- Evaluation of rapid enzyme inhibition test for pesticides detection and validation by spectrophotometer and GC/MS
- Accounting carbon sequestering potential of soils managed by effective methods of tillage and application of organic inputs
- Estimation of growth hormones involved in seed germination.
|Name of Scholars||Lab infrastructure utilized|
|Santosh Kumar, M.[Ph.D]||Pressure plate Apparatus– soil moisture at field capacity, permanent wilting point and saturation.
Wet and dry sieve set for soil aggregate analysis
|Elakiya, N.[Ph.D]||FT-IR : to determine functional groups in substrates of growing media|
|Venkatesan, S.[Ph.D]||LC-MS: Estimation of growth hormones involved in teak seed germination|
|Anandhan,J.[M.Sc.(Ag)]||Soil sampling unit (Core sampler): For soil physical property analysis|
|Sivaraj,R.[M.Sc.(Ag)]||FTIR Spectrometer for identification of functional groups in humic acid
AAS – to analyse iron in soil and sorghum plant parts
|Brindhavani.P.M.[M.Sc.(Ag)]||GC-MS, LC-MS, UV-Visible spectrometer – herbicide residue in fruits and vegetables|
|Vinothini.R.[M.Sc.(Ag)]||AAS – to analysezinc content in soil and rice plant parts|
|Pavithra, K.[M.Sc.(Ag)]||HPLC, GC-MS LC-MS: to estimate herbicide residues in soil and plant|
|Vinoth kumar,M.[M.Sc.(Ag)]||FT-IR: to scan samples of groundnut and sesamum for identifying saturated and unsaturated fatty acids responsible for seed storage|
|Thamarai Selvi, R. [M.Sc.(Ag)]||Spectrophotometer : Precipitation of P in saline irrigation water|
|Bhavadharani, M.[M.Sc.(Ag)]||Spectrophotometer and GC/MS: Evaluation of rapid enzyme inhibition test for pesticides detection|