Comprehensive science linking agricultural science and economic society, from production to consumption
The Department of social science is specialized in education and research related to the socio-economic aspects of agriculture and food. Our research focuses on socio economic analyses of agriculture and food ‘from farm to fork’. We offer related services to governmental and non-governmental organisations, as well as to corporations and civil society.
- Consumer acceptance of technological innovations in the food chain
- Trends and changes in food and dietary choice
- Rural sociology and agricultural extension
- Rural market access, cooperatives contracts andInstitutional changes
- Evaluating the efficiency and sustainability of the resource use outcomes.
- Business-to-business relations including FPOs
- Marketing Intelligence, Analysis of prices, focused on the development of models related to supply and demand that explain and predict price evolutions
- Development of AI and IOT application in agriculture