To provide First- Aid for the patients during their sudden illness. All emergency care is given to the students, staffs and labors. A special care is given to the girl’s students and women’s staff regarding their health issues arising.
Nearly 8,654 patients (From Nov’13-Jan’19) were benefited regarding their health issues. (ie) for Medical Management, Nursing Care, Psychological Support, Guidance and Counseling.
Building consisting of three rooms, an outpatient room, Pharmacy & ward with toilets (Separate for male / female patients) Wards & toilets have been renovated & constructed from ICAR grants of Rupees 5.5 Lakhs
Outpatient room with following facilities
- Provided with an examination couch
- Created a ward provided with 4 beds
- BP apparatus (digital / manual)
- Weighing machine
- Digital thermometer
- Nebulizer for using inhalation medicines available
- Vaporizer for steam inhalation.
- Dressing materials – minor cuts and injuries
All medicines are purchased from TNMSC, Ltd.,Trichy.
- Basic medicines like Antipyretics, Antibiotics, Antispasmodics, Antiulcerants, Antidiarrheals, Antiemetic etc., are available.
- Facilities for giving I.V. injections and fluids available.
- Suture needles and suture materials are available for doing minor suturing.
- Medical history has been collected from each student at the time of their admission for the future reference in the emergency condition.
- A health card is provided to the students (girls) for tracking the menstrual cycle.
- BP monitoring chart is recorded for the hypertensive patients.
- FIRST – AID KIT has been issued to all hostels for the student’s emergency use
Towards creating a healthier society by popularizing preventive measures our team of healthcare unit of ADAC&RI have organized awareness programs on various issues of health and hygiene.
In coordination with National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Conducted free general Medical Camp at Navalur Kuttapattu, Ariyavur & Navallur.
- Actively participated in blood donation camp.
- Self Hygiene
- Measures to take care during Menstruation
- How to stay safe and healthy in summer.
- Significances of immunization for children (outdoor )
- Nutritious food for Healthy Living in women and children.
- Prevention is better than cure
- How to maintain a Health issue – women
- Tobacco and its toxicity.
- Introduction to Swatch Bharat .
- Right way to combat diseases and illness – Cleanliness.
Healthcare team is here to provide Practical Support and to help and encourage patients (students, staff, and labors) to take more responsibility for their own health.