The National Cadets Corps (NCC) unit present at ADAC & RI, Tiruchirappalli comes under 5/2 company, 2 TN Battalion, Group Head Quarter, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Andhaman Nicobar Directorate. Cadet strength of this unit is 52. Presently 31 boys and 21 girls are enrolled in NCC programme and undergoing NCC 101- National Cadet Corps (0+1) course. It is a three years programme in six semesters. Associate NCC Officer Lieutenant Dr. T. Ramesh is in-charge of this NCC unit. Selection of cadets for enrolling NCC is being done based on physical fitness with the help of army staff.
NCC cadets undergo compulsory institutional training and also attending minimum of two Combined Annual Training Camps (CATC) outside the campus. During camps, cadets get exposure on drill, weapon training, physical training, yoga practice, sports and games competitions, firing practice and cultural activities. Students also have theory classes about leadership qualities, personality development and health and hygiene with the help of specialized persons in different fields. Students also participate in centrally organized camps like National Integration Camps (NIC) and All India Nilgiris Trek which provided more confidence and opportunities to interact with other state students and sharing their cultures and knowledge.
During second and third year, cadets appear for NCC B and C certificate exams, respectively. NCC cadets of this institute have secured top ranks at 2 TN Bn NCC Unit level in certificate exams. The B and C certificates holders get bonus marks (upto 5 marks) in uniformed service recruitments. Cadets who have C certificate with A or B grade will be eligible for direct recruitment in Army Officers selection without appearing UPSC written exam.
Cadets participate in the International Yoga Day celebration on 21st June, every year and learn about the benefits of yoga practice. NCC cadets of this institute received all India Meritorious Cadet Welfare Society scholarship in the last two years.
NCC cadets also get involved in social service activities like; conducting blood donation camps, tree planting, creating awareness on Clean India Campaign, campus cleaning, visiting and donating goods to nearby orphanage and old age
NCC Activities in 2018-19
- NCC cadets attended weapon training at NCC unit on 13 and 14 Feb, 2017 and 20 and 21 March, 2017
- Cadets performed well in B and C certificate exams during 2017 and our college secured the highest percentage of pass among the colleges in the NCC unit.
- 21 NCC cadets of ADAC&RI, Trichy Attended CATC cum TSC camp at NIT, Trichy from 05.06.2017 to 14.05.2017. Cadet Mohanraj and Rajsandhya won second prize in Tamil and English debate competition respectively. Cadets Hariniharishma and R.Srivarsha were received medals for their performance in the volley ball game.
- NCC cadets were participated in the International Yoga Day celebration at National College, Trichy on 21.06.2017
- NCC cadets B.Jawahar, S.Nivetha, V.Prabha, M.Raj Sandhya and R. Sri Varsha were received meritorious CWS scholarship for the year 2016. They received the check of Rs.6000/- each from the commanding officer, 2 TN Bn, NCC, Trichy on 23.06.2017.
- Independence Day and Republic Day parades were done by cadets in an excellent manner
- 11 cadets from 3rd year and one cadet from 2nd year participated in the CATC cum RDC II camp held at GTN college, Dindigul from 08.09.2017 to 17.09.2017 and got opportunity for firing practice using 0.22 rifle
- Conducted Youth Awakening Day function and rally on 14.10.2017 in commemoration with birth day of Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
- Blood donation day was organized on 4.11.2017 and 26 NCC cadets were donated blood to save many lives.
- Cadets B.Jawahar, C.Pranesh, R. Sri Varsha and K.Keerthana got selected in the first round firing competition held at Bharathidasan University firing range, Tiruchirapalli on 27.03.2018.