Skip to content
- Breeding and evaluation of new crop varieties and hybrids in rice, sorghum, pulses, cotton, vegetables, sugarcane and turmeric for Western Zone of Tamil Nadu.
- Development of agro-technologies for agricultural and horticultural crops and cropping systems.
- Water and fertilizer management research on agricultural and horticultural crops through drip irrigation, fertigation and operational research programmes.
- Pest and disease surveillance and recommendations on various crops.
- Production of breeder, foundation and TNAU labelled seeds in crops and grafts/ seedlings of fruit crops.
- Dissemination of the technologies by conducting farmers’ day, field days, training programmes and through mass media.