Skip to content
- The Plant Clinic Centre functioning at this station was awarded Bishma Narain Singh award for the best Plant Clinic Centre for the year 1996.
- Released Greengram, variety, VRM 1 during 2001 with an average yield of 1104 kg /ha along with high protein (27.4%) and tolerant to yellow mosaic virus
- Released technology on sugarcane sett cutter during the year 2006 and it covers 1.5 acres per day and saves 70 % working time
- Released spiny brinjal variety, VRM 1 during 2010 with 140-150 days duration. It has an average yield of 30 to 40 tonnes/ha and highly suited for three seasons’ viz., kharif, rabi and summer.
- Released Tahiti seedless lime, VRM 1 during 2016. It is suitable for all over Tamilnadu except in higher elevation. It has an average yield of 69 kg/tree. It is best suited for home gardens.
- ARS, Virinjipuram was awarded TNAU Best Research Station award for the year 2015
- Scheme on All India Co-ordinated Research Project on Pigeonpea was transferred from NPRC, Vamban to ARS, Virinjipuram during 2018-19