A.Release of Cumbu Napier Hybrid KKM 1 grass
- Interspecific cross derivative of Cumbu IP 15507 x Pennisetum purpureum FD 429.
- More leafy (168 numbers/clump) with long, broad and soft leaves
- The leaves are soft when compared to those of CO 2 and CO3.
- The leaves have high calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin content with very low oxalate content as compared to CO 2 and CO 3.
- High fodder yield potential of 288tonnes/ha/year which is 44 per cent higher than that of CO 2 and 50 per cent more than the yield of CO 3.
- It accounted for higher quantities of micronutrients such as Zinc and Manganese
- The fodder has more crude protein @ 9.85g per 100g of dry matter.
- Suitable for southern districts of Tamil Nadu garden land situations
B.Release of Blackgram KKM 1
- Parentage : COBG1 643 x VBN 3.
- Duration : 65-70 days.
- High yielding.
- Mean grain yield 607 Kg/ha.
- Maximum yield (Akola – Central zone) 1515 Kg/ha.
- Resistant to root knot nematode.
- 7 per cent arabinose content.
- Superior cooking quality.
- Suitable for cultivation in rice fallow condition.
- Moderately resistant to Yellow mosaic virus and Pod borer.