NSS unit of Agricultural College and Research Institute, Kudumiyanmalai have been initiated and successfully running from 13.11.2014 with 58 volunteers.
The NSS is functioning with the following objectives,
In order to create awareness about various social issues from grass root level 84 Outstanding NSS Regular prorammes were conducted during 2014 -16 in the NSS regular activities, one special camp, adopted and uplifted two villages namely Vayalogam and Kudumiyanmalai of Pudukkottai districts and two schools. Mega events viz., Cleaning Fortnights, Traditional Food Mela, Traditional Cultivar Exhibition, 5 Inter School and Inter College Competitions were conducted. AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai students Represented TNAU in the 7 days National Integration Camp,2015 with 10 NSS volunteers at College of Agriculture, Vijaypur, Karnataka and awarded with second prize.
1. Awareness Campaigns Conducted
|S. No.||Events||Date||Chief Guest /
|1.||“AIDS Awareness “||01.12.2014||
Dr. Amutha Meenal, Siddha Hospital, Kudumiyanmalai
|Delivered AIDS awareness lecture|
|2.||Awareness on “Dengue”||24.12.2014||
Dr. Amutha Meenal, Siddha Hospital, Kudumiyanmalai
|Delivered “Dengue” awareness lecture|
|3.||Awareness on Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan||19.01.2015||
|Delivered Awareness Lecture on Prime Minister’s Clean India Mission|
|4.||“Disaster Management”||07.05.2015||Mr.S.Rajasekaran, Agricultural Officer, Farmer’s Training Centre, Anna Pannai, Pudukkottai||
|Motivational speech on “Disaster Management”|
|5.||Awareness on Environmental Protection||05.06.2015||Dr.R.Sunitha, Asst.Professor (ENS), IOA, Kudumiyanmalai||
Delivered Environmental Protection Lecture
Planted 10 Tree Saplings around College premises
|6.||Awareness on Yoga and meditation||21.06.2015||Mr.Muthukumaran, Joint Director of Agriculture (Retired) from Vethathiri Maharishi, Institute for Spiritual and Institutional Education (Vision – WCSC)||
|Awareness Speech on Yoga and meditation|
|7.||Awareness on Balanced Diet||07.09.2015||
Dr.K.GEETHA, Assistant Professor (FSN), KVK, Vamban
Awareness lecture on Balanced Diet : a Key to
Awareness on Biogas Plant
|23.01.2016||Dr.V.Vijayalakshmi, NSS PO, AC & RI, Kudumiyanmalai||NSS volunteers||
Campaign on Popularization of Biogas Plant.
Pamphlets issued to the Vayalogam village People Regarding prepration methods and subsidies issued by government
|30.01.2016||Dr.V.Vijayalakshmi, NSS PO, AC & RI, Kudumiyanmalai||NSS volunteers||
Campaign on the ill effects of Parthenium Was explained to the
Vayalogam village People by issuing pamphlets, Spraying of salt solution has been done to eradicate Parthenium
|04.02.2016||Dr. Suyamariyathai, Siddha Medical Officer, Parambur||Govt. HSS students, Vayalogam and NSS volunteers||Delivered cancer awareness lecture|
|Dr.V.Vijayalakshmi, NSS PO, AC & RI, Kudumiyanmalai||NSS volunteers||Campaign on diabetes and healthy food habits and drug abuse done at Vayalogam villager|
2. Rallies Conducted
|S. No.||Rally on||Date||Place|
|3.||National Sports Day||29.08.2015||Vayalogam|
|4.||Clean India Mission||02.10.2015||Kudumiyanmalai|
|5.||Road Safety Rally||29.11.2015||Vayalogam|
3. National Days Celebrated
|S. No.||Events||Date||Chief Guest /
|1.||National Sports Day (Birth Anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand)||28.08.2015||
Mr. Jayakaran, Former Athletic champion, Pudukkottai
Physical Education Director, HSC, Kudumiyanamalai
|NSS volunteers||History of sports day and various inspirational messages were delivered to the NSS volunteers|
|2.||Non Violence Day (birth anniversary of Gandhiji)||02.10.2015||Dr.V.Vijayalakshmi, NSS PO, AC & RI, Kudumiyanmalai||NSS volunteers||Drawing competitions on “Non Violence”, Tamil debate on “,e;jpah ty;yuR ehlhtjw;F gpd;gw;wntz;oaJ kpjthjkh? jPtputhjkh?|
|3.||Youth Awakening Day (85th birth anniversary of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam)||15.10.2015||Dr.T.Senguttuvan, Dean, AC & RI, Kudumiyanmalai||Four Govt. HSS students from Vayalogam, Kudumiyanmalai, Parambur, Puzhvayal and NSS volunteers||
Competitionsviz., Elocution on “VTfid ehafd;> ghuj uj;dh lhf;lh; V.gp.N[.mg;Jy;fyhk”;
Essay on “,e;jpa tpz;btsp gazk;” and Poem on“vd; fdtpy; mg;Jy; fyhk;”
|4.||National Science day||28.02.2016||Dr.V.Vijayalakshmi, NSS PO, AC & RI, Kudumiyanmalai||Mother Theresa MHSS students, Mettusalai and NSS Volunteers||Drawing competition on “Science is a boon or bane ?”|
4.International Days Celebrated
|S. No.||Event||Date||Chief Guest / Resource Person||Participants||Programmes organized|
International Youth Day
Dr.A.Veeramani, Prof. (AGR);
Dr.K.Selvaraj, Prof. (Tamil); Dr.N.V.Pradeep Kumar (PED)
|NSS volunteers||Delivered motivation lectures|
|2.||World Cancer Day||04.02.2016||Dr. Suyamariyathai, Siddha Medical Officer, Parambur.||Govt. HSS students, Vayalogam and NSS volunteers||Delivered cancer awareness lecture|
|3.||International Women’s day||08.03.2016||Dr. R.P. Gnanamalar, Prof. and Head, NPRC,Vamban;
Ms. Diana, Director DMI , NGO, Pullvayal and
Dr. N.P. Palanisamy, Director, Candle NGO Pudukkottai.
|NSS volunteers||Delivered motivation lecture on “Women empowerment”|
Guest Lectures Conducted: 7
|1.||19.03.2016||Higher Education opportunities||
Dr. S. K. Rajkishore &
Succeed in Life
|3.||Forest conservation||Dr. P. Rajendran||30|
|Mr. Anto Leonard,
SBI Bank Manager,Annavaasal branch
|5.||Importance of water and Improved Irrigation systems||Dr. A. Gurusamy||23|
Elder’s Protection &
|Mr. Bharathi Mohan, Programme co – ordinator, Integrated alcohol rehabilitation centre, Trichy||21|
|7.||25.03.2016||Importance of traditional rice varieties and their medicinal properties||Mr.Mutthiah, Organic Farmer, Agarappatti Village, Pudukottai||52 Students|
Rallies conducted : 4
|Sl. No.||Rally on||Date|
|1.||Child labour abolition||19.03.2016|
Sanitation Improvement works : 4
|Sl. No.||Cleaning works in||Date|
|3.||Drinking water pond||24.03.2016|
Health Camps Conducted : 4
|Sl. No.||Camp name||Date||Beneficiaries|
|1.||Veterinary camp for free FMD vaccination||23.03.2016||250|
|2.||Crop Health Management||23.03.2016||16|
|3.||Free medical camp||24.03.2016||104|
|4.||Soil sampling to manage soil health||24.03.2016||25|
Demos : 4
|Sl. No.||Demo on||Date||Resource person||Beneficiaries|
Dr. G. Gayathri
Ms. A. Kaarmel Reetha
|Self Help Groups|
|2.||Vermicomposting||20.03.2016||Dr. R. Sunitha||Farmers|
Dr. A. Bhaskaran,
Dr. R. Jayavalli
|Primary school students|
1. Awareness on “AIDS” by Dr. Amutha Meenal, Siddha Hospital, Anna Pannai, Kudumiyanmalai on 01.12.2014
- Awareness on “Dengue” by Dr. Amutha Meenal, Siddha Hospital, Anna Pannai, Kudumiyanmalai – 24.12.2014
- Awareness on Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan (Clean India Mission) on 19.01.2015
Awareness on Prime Minister’s Clean India Mission among NSS Volunteers and students were given by the Special Officer Dr. G. Gajendran on 19.01.2015. In his motivational address he asked the students to spread the message of cleanliness among the villagers, urban slums. etc., He instructed the volunteers we should start our cleanliness work from the individuals then only our India becomes Clean and Green.
- “Disaster Management” – 07.05.2015 Motivational speech given by Mr.S.Rajasekaran, Agricultural Officer, Farmer’s Training Centre, Anna Pannai, Pudukkottai
- Awareness programme on Environmental Protection given by Dr.R.Sunitha, Asst.Professor (ENS), IA, KDM – 05.06.2015.
6. Awareness Speech on Yoga and meditation was given by Mr.Muthukumaran, Joint Director of Agriculture (Retired) from Vethathiri Maharishi, Institute for Spiritual and Institutional Education (Vision – WCSC) on 21.06.2015
- Awareness on Balanced Diet : a Key to Development on the eve of National Nutrition Week sgiven by Dr.K.GEETHA, Assistant Professor (FSN), KVK, Vamban on 07.09.2015
- Popularization of Biogas Plants at Vayalogam village on 23.01.2016
- Campaign on Parthenium eradication at Vayalogam village – 30.01.2016
- World Cancer Day – “Awareness on Cancer” given to the School Children s by Dr. Suyamariyathai, Siddha Medical Officer, Parambur on 04.02.2016
- Awareness Campaign on diabetes and healthy food habits and drug abuse done at Vayalogam village
- Rally on AIDS Awareness programme at Vayalogam, Pudukkottai – 13.12.2014
- Rally on Polio Immunization – 22.02.2015
Polio Immunization Day awareness Rally has performed at Visalur Village, Kudumiyanmalai, Pudukottai (Dt.). 58 NSS volunteers actively participated in the rally and create awareness among the people about Polio Immunization.
3.Awarness rally Rally on National Sports Day – 29.08.2015
National Sports Day awareness Rally has performed at Vayalogam Village, Kudumiyanmalai, Pudukottai (Dt.). 119 NSS volunteers actively participated in the rally and create awareness among the people about sports.
4.Awareness Rally on Clean India Mission Conducted on 02.10.2015
The rally started from Agricultural College and Research Institute and ends at Kudumiyanmalai. 119 NSS Volunteers walk around all the streets of Kudumiyanmalai village with different sayings like “ Thuimiyanaa Bharathathai uruvakkuvom” , “Thani Manithanin Thuimai Thaai Naatin thuimai”, “Thuimaiyana Veedu thuimiyana bharatham”, “Polythene illatha bharathathai uruvakkuvom” etc.,
5.Road Safety Rally at Vayalogam Village on 29.11.2015
National Sports Day – 28.08.2015
Non Violence Day : 02.10.2015
Youth Awakening Day: 15.10.2015
National Science day Celebrations On – 28.02.2016
International Youth Day– 12.08.2015
World Cancer Day 04.02.2016
International Women’s day Celebrations – 04.03.2016
National Nutrition Week – 01.09.2015 to 07.09.2015
Mass Cleaning Held at Kudumiyanmalai : 09.10.2015
Blood Grouping to the volunteers by Mrs. Parimaladevi , Lab Technician, Primary Health Centre, Parambur, Pudukkottai on 06.02.2016
Government high School, Kudumiyanmlai & Government Higher Secondary School, Vayalogam : School Childrens were Motiviate by NSS Volunteers to do higher studies.
National Integration Camp – 2015 :
Organised by Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports, Govt. of Karnataka & University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad at College of Agriculture, Vijaypur from 07 to 13 December 2015.
National Integration Camp Culturals by Volunteers
TNAU Volunteers were appreciated by the Organizers for their sincerity, punctuality,unity and leadership quality. Our volunteers won two prizes – one in Elocution competition and in folk song singing competitions.
NSS Activities during the year 2016 - 2018
Significant Achievements :
- Visited to urban slum and gathering data on socio economic level at Rajagopalapuram, Pudukkottai on 10.12.16
- Exposure visit on Food Processing: New way of make in India held at Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur on 16.09.17
- Nursery technique was done on 29.12.17 AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai
- Visited and collected the details about the Akkuchavayal slum at Pudukkottai on 06.01.18, which include the verification of family cards, voters identity card etc.
- M. Muthukumaresan, Professor (Yoga), Pudukkottai and Mrs. M. Krishnaveni, Professor (yoga), Pudukkottai were participated in this programme and provide a special talk to create awareness about Yoga on village people on 18.02.18
- Campaign on State Bank of India account opening on 08.09.18 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai
VISIT TO ORPHANAGE
- Visited to old age homes at St. Thomas Mother and Child health care centre, Vayalogam on 18.02.17.
- Visited to Mayoraj Childrens Home at Vayalogam on 18.12.17
FORMATION OF PLASTIC FREE ZONE
- Campaign on ill effect of polythene in the campus/urban held at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalaion 25.02.17
- Formation of plastic free zone was done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 07.04.18
- Collection and destruction of polythene bags were done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 07.04.18.
- Collection and destruction of polythene bags were done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 24.04.18
AWARENESS PROGRAMME ON HEALTH
- Campaign on community health programme at Vayalogam on 18.02.17
- Campaign on Parthenium eradication at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 04.03.17
- Dengue awareness programme was organized on 05.10.17 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai and the end of the function, Nilavembu Kasayam given to all the participants
- Campaign on Swachh Bharat Summer Internship on 08.07.18 at Muthalippatti
IMPORTANT DAY’S CELEBRATIONS
- Conservation Daywas organized on 25.11.16 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.On the eve of the Conservation Day, 20 Nos. of Polyalthia tree saplings were planted at the Dean’s Guest House of AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- Constitution Day Pledge was taken at Agricultural College and Research Institute Kumiyanmalai on 26.11.16. NSS volunteers have also participated in the Mock parliment, Elocution and Essay writing both in Tamil and English (Indian Constitution, ,e;jpa murpayikg;Gr; rl;lk;).
- Ornamental plants 100 Nos. were planted around the Dean’s Guest House of AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 03.12.16 to mark the Disable Day
- Celebrated international women’s day on 08.03.2017 held at Agricultural College and Research Institute, Kudumiyanmalai.R.Jagadeeswari, B.Sc., (Agri.), Assistant Director of Agriculture, Annavasal, Pudukkottai given Guest lecture on Women Empowerment.
- World Enviroment Day Pledge was taken at Agricultural College and Research Institute, Kumiyanmalai on 05.06.2017 in presence of Dean Dr.K.Sivasubramaniam. During this occation the students of both I & II. B.Sc., (Ag.) took the pledge
- Blood Donation Camp was conducted on the eve of World Blood Donors Day on 17.06.2017 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- A Mega yoga programme was organised by the NSS Unit of Agricultural College and Research Institute, Kudumiyanmalai on the eve of International Yoga Day, 21.07.2017.
- SWACHHTA BHARATH (Clean India Mission) was conducted on the eve of observance of SWACHHTA PAKHWARA on 01.08.2017 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- Celebrated 71 st Independence Day on 15. 08.2017 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai
- NSS Day and NSS Orientation Day were organized on 25.09.17 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- 500 casuarina tree saplings were planted around the fence of AC&RI, Kudumiyanmali on 21.10.17 to mark the Gandhi Jayanthi International Day of Non-violence.
- Pledge was taken against corruption on 30.10.17 held at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmali
- Pledge was taken National Unity Day 31.10.17held at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmali
- World Soil Day was celebrated at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 05.12.2017.
- 72 Independence Day was celebrated on August 15, 2018 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- Gardening was done at Ladies Hostel, AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 24.09.18 to mark the NSS Day
- Awareness speech on Environment Conservation given by P. Rajendran, Ph.D., Assistant Professor (Forestry), Agricultural College and Research Institute, Kudumiyanmalai on 25.11.16.
- R.Jagadeeswari, B.Sc., (Agri.), Assistant Director of Agriculture, Annavasal, Pudukkottai given Guest lecture on Women Empowerment on 08.03.2017 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- Road Safety Awareness Programme was organized. Mr.P.Thamas rajan, Sub-Inspector of Police, Pudukkottai took a lecture on road safety rules on 17.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- Dr.B.Bharanitharan, Deputy Director of Health Services, Pudukkottai gave a special lecture about contagious and non-contagious disease briefly on 18.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- The NSS Programme coordinator of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Dr.K.Kumutha and suggested the NSS volunteers to actively participated in all social activities held in the village with unity and involvement on 19.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- Mr.J.Sriram, an official from State Bank of India, Annavasal explained about cashless money transfer on 19.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- Mr.P.Anbu, Deputy Manager of SBI, Pudukkottai has given a lecture about various loan schemes for different crops which have more subsidy and well suited for marginal farmers and the farmers who get less than 3 lakhs of loan in the Bank on 19.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- Dr.C.Gopalakrishnan, Professor, Plant Pathology, Dr.S.Suganya Kanna, Assistant Professor, Entomology, Dr.A.Veeramani, Professor, Agronomy, delivered special lectures on integrated pest management, disease management and weed management on 20.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- Counselling programme for higher education was conducted for the students of Vayalogam Higher Secondary School. Dr.A.Anderson Amalan Kumar, Assistant Professor Crop Physiology, Dr.S.K.Rajkishore, Assistant Professor, Environmental Science conducted this session as special guests and answered the queries raised by students on 20.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- An information session to the farmers about the “Scheme for farmers in agricultural department” was organized. Thiru.S.Rajsekaran, Agricultural officer, Pudukkottai explained the topic to farmers on 21.03.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- Dr.D.Leninraja, in his speech, explained the importance of soil testing and nutrients amendments based on the soil test results at Vayalogam Village.
- Guest lecture on 22.03.17
- Rainwater harvesting – Dr.A.Gurusamy, Professor, (Agronomy)
- Marketing of agricultural products -Dr.N.Anandharaja, Asst.Prof. (Ag.Extn.)
- Mushroom cultivation -Dr.G.Gayathri, Asst.Prof. ,(Microbiology)
- Women education -Mr.A.Aadhappan, ROSE foundation, Pudukkottai
- Importance of traditional food was explained to the people by Mr.M.Mahendran, Secretary of AIMSS, Pudukkottai on 23.03.17
- Dr. Abdhul Kuthoos, Incharge of Blood Bank, Government Hospital, Pudukkottai gave a special lecture about importance of blood donation and physical fitness for blood donation briefly.Bakruthin Ali Dr, Block Medical Officer, Government Hospital, Parampur briefed about blood donation on 17.06.2017 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- Guest lecture on “Yoga an art of living” and yogasanas for healthy living were given by Mrs. C. Imiyarani and P. Muthukumaresan, Yoga Instructors from ArivuThirukovil, Manavazhakkalai Myyam, Pudukkottaion 21. 07.2017.
- NSS Day and NSS Orientation Day were organized on 25.09.17 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai. Guest lecture on Thooimaiyae Sevai Iyakkam given by B.Ashwin Kumar, District Rural Development Agency, Pudukkottai.
- Guest lecture on Dengue awareness given by Amuthameena, BSMS., Siddha Hospital, Kudumiyanmalai on 05.10.17
- World Soil Day was celebrated at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 05.12.2017. Guest lecture on importance of soil give by Dr.D.Lenin Raja, Assitant Professor (SS&AC), AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai
- Guest lecture on Importance of eatables prepared from Cereals and Millets was took by Mr.A.Aathappan, Director, Rose Foundation, Pudukkotai on 18.02.18
- The awareness talk about Self Help Group (SHG) was conducted by Pudukottai AIMSS secretary Mr.M. Mahendran on 18.02.18
- S. P. Sangeetha, Asst. prof. (Agronomy) delivered special lecture on Integrated Farming System on 19.02.18
- A. Mahalingam, Asst. prof. (Plant Breeding Genetics), National Pulse Research Center, Vamban, delivered special lecture on Importance of New Varieties in Pulse Production on 19.02.18
- A. Anderson Amalan Kumar, Asst. Professor (Crop Physiology) gave advice to Vayalogam school students for their hopeful higher studies on 19.02.18
- R. Sunitha, Asst. Professor (Environmental Science) delivered special lecture on degradable manure production technology on 20.02.18
- S. Maragatham Associate Professor (Soil Science) delivered special lecture on Soil Wealth Management and she insisted to test their soil samples and apply fertilizer according to maintain its wealth on 20.02.18
- N. Anandaraja, Asst. professor, (Agricultural Extension) about the role of information communication tools and technologies in agricultural extension on 21.02.18
- Mr.P.Anbu, Deputy Manager of SBI, Pudukkottai has given a lecture about various loan schemes for different crops which have more subsidy and well suited for marginal farmers and the farmers who get less than 3 lakhs of loan in the Bank on 21.02.18
- M.R. Latha, Associate Professor, (Soil Science) & Programme Coordinator, KVK, Vamban, briefed about activities of KVK and delivered special lecture on soil wealth on 22.02.18
- Road Safety Measures held at Vayalogam on 17.03.2017.
- Eradication of Prosopis juliflora held at Vayalogam on 19.03.2017
- Environmental conservation at Vayalogam on 20.03.2017
- Eco-conservation on Tree planting at Vayalogam on 21.03.2017
- World water day at Vayalogam on 22.03.2017
- Cycle rally on air pollution-vehicle exhaust and other means held at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai to Vayalogam on 15.04.2017.
- Rally on World enviroment day 06.2017
- Child labour abolition awareness held at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai to Vayalogam on 10.06.2017.
- Rally was conducted on Youth Awakening Day on the eve of Dr.APJ.AbdulKalam Birthday on 10.17.
- Rally on environment awareness , Sutrupura Sugathara Seerkettin 20 Thakkankal at Vayalogam village on 09.12.17
- Phamplet was given to awareness on open toilet usage at Vayalogam village on 09.12.17
- Environmental Pollution Awareness was conducted by the NSS volunteers at Vayalogam village on 16.02.18
- Rally and Swachh Bharat pledge was taken at vayalogam village on 07.07.18
- Rally and Swachh Bharat pledge was taken at Kudumiyanmalai on 21.07.18
SANITATION IMPROVEMENT WORKS:
- Cleaning of Community Hall at Vayalogam village on 20.03.17
- Cleaning of Temple at Vayalogam village on 20.03.17
- Cleaning was done at adopted village of Vayalogam on 14.12.17
- Cleaning of community hall at Vayalogam village on 02.18
- Campaign on sanitation (weeding and cleaning) were done at Sidda Hospital,Kudumiyanmalai on 29.09.18.
- Medical camp at Vayalogam village on 18.03.17
- Blood Donation Camp was conducted on the eve of World Blood Donors Day on 17.06.2017 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- Medical camp and eye camp the program was headed by Dr.Bharanitharan, Deputy Director of Health Service, and Pudukkottai Vayalogam village on 17.02.18.
- Veterinary camp at Vayalogam village on 23.03.17
- Veterinary health camp was successfully conducted by Dr. C. Ilavarasan (Veterinary ) on 20.02.18.
PLANT PROTECTION CAMP
- Plant protection camp at Vayalogam village on 20.03.17.
- Dr.R.Jayavalli, NSS Programme Officer, given a demonstration about the pro tray seedlings production and layout of kitchen garden on 18.3.17 at Vayalogam Village.
- Mr.J.Sriram, an official from State Bank of India, Annavasal explained about cashless money transfer on 19.3.17 at Vayalogam Village
- Dr.T.Senguttuvan, Dean of Agricultural College and Research Institute, Kudumiyanmalai inaugurated the programme by planting tree saplings on 21.03.17 at Vayalogam Village
- Dr.S.K.Rajkishore, demonstrated production of vermicompost in farmers field using locally available materialson 21.03.17 at Vayalogam Village
- Dr.G.Gayathri, Assistant Professor (Microbiology) explained the importance of mushroom cultivation on 22.03.17 at Vayalogam Village
- Demonstration on integrated disease and pest management by Dr. P. Chandramani, Professor (Entomology) on 21.02.18.
NSS REGULAR ACTIVITIES
- Fencing of tree saplings has been done on 19.11.16
- Campus cleaning activities has been done on 19.11.16
- Campus cleaning activities has been done on 10.12.2016
- Campus cleaning activities has been done on 17.12.16
- Gap filling of tree saplings has been done 24.12.16
- Pot watering of tree saplings at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 24.12.16.
- Fencing and gap filling was done on 11.02.17 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai
- Campus improvement activities has done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 25.03.17
- Campaign on greening activities has done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 08.04.17
- Fencing of fruit plants at Mariyamman Temple, Vayalogam on 22.04.17
- Campus improvement activities were done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 3.06.2017
- Campus improvement activities were done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 06.2017.
- Campus improvement activities were done at Play ground of AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 09.09.2017.
- Campus improvement activities were done at Dean Guest House of AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 07.10.2017.
- Formation of boundary and watering of casuarina saplings on 28.10.17 at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai.
- Campus improvement activities (watering of casuarinas saplings) were done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 30.12.17.
- Campus improvement activities (weeding of ladies hostel premises) were done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 22.09.18.
- Watering of bamboo and tree crops were done at Horticulture block, AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 13.10.18.
- Weeding of main campus premises were done at AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 10.18.
- Weeding of polyhouse were done at Horticulture block, AC&RI, Kudumiyanmalai on 10.11.18.
SWACHH BHARAT SUMMER INTERNSHIP REPORT 2018:
|Course Title||:||Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI)|
NSS Programme Officer
|Date of Registration||:||14.06.2018|
|Date of Commencement||:||16.06.2018|
|Total Hours||:||100 hours|
- “Addiction and Sexually Transmitted diseases” on 27.12.18 to students
- “Participatory rural Appraisal (PRA)” to second year NSS volunteers 03.01.19
- “PLASTIC BAN” among school children on 05.01.19
- Awareness lecture on “ Nutrition and Hygiene for Youth” on 17.09.19.
Tree planting – 7 Nos:
- Tree planting infront of girls hostel of Agricultural College and Research Institute, Kudumiyanmalai on 09.02.19
- Tree planting infront of NSS unit on 16.02.19
- Mass tree planting near boys hostel, AC&RI, KDM on 15.07.19
- Tree planting was done infront of boy’s hostel on 17.09.19
- Tree Planting on 150TH Gandhi jayanthi celebration 10.19
- Tree planting (20 Trees) done by boys volunteers at Primary School, Kudumiyanmalai on 10.10.19
- Seed ball preparation and sowing on 17.10.2019
Rallies -3 Nos:
- “PLASTIC BAN”, on 05.01.19
- Swatchh Bharath on 06.07.19 in Kudumiyanmalai and Visaloor
- Rally on FIT INDIA on 02.10.19
NSS camps – 2 Nos:
- Blood donation camp on 13.04.19
- Medical camp on 02.10.19
Competitions -5 Nos:
- Republic Day essay Competition on “ Character building with special focus on making youth sensitive to traditional values”, on 04.01.19.
- Science exhibition competition on 28.03.19
- The competitions like Painting, Tamil poetry and English debate on social values were conducted for students on the eve of Celebration of NSS Day
Celebrations – 8 Nos:
- Republic day on 26.01.19
- Womens day Celebration on 08.03.19
- Science exhibiton organized on the eve of national Science day on 28.03.19
- International yoga day on 21.06.19
- Independence day Celebration on 15.08.19
- NSS day and NSS Orientation day Celebration on 24.09.19
- 150TH Gandhi jayanthi celebration on 02.10.19
- Pledge on “ National Unity Day” on 31.10.19
Special Activities – 3 Nos:
- District Level Youth Parliament at Bharathidasan University, Trichy on 26.01.2019
- One student One tree Programme for 2017, 2018 and 2019 batch volunteers
- Swachh Bharath Summer Internship (SBSI) NSS volunteers of first and second year B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture of 155 numbers enrolled in the programme.
- Survey on sanitation was conducted in four villages and submitted report to DRDA
NSS special camp activities:
PLACE: KUDUMIYANMALAI, FROM 22.03.19 TO 28.03.19
Village improvement activities
Special lectures on Agrl. Technologies
Awareness lectures on self empowerment
Activities in adopted village:
Campus Improvement Activities: