Students Grievance Redressal Cell will look into the complaints lodged by any student and judge its meets. The Grievance Redressal Cell is also empowered to look into the matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Dean in consultation with his/her Head of the department and may send the complaint by E-mail. In case the student is unwilling to appear in cell grievance may be dropped in writing at the letterbox / suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Cell.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Cell should be constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Redressal of Student’s Grievances.
- To co-ordinate between students’ and department to redress the grievances.
- To support the students who have been deprived of the services for which he/she is entiltled.
- To ensure effective solution to the student grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- To make teaching and supporting staff responsive, accountable courteous in dealing with the students.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the education cell and drop it in boxes
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.