- Agricultural College and Research Institute, Madurai established in the year 1965, is the second biggest constituent College of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
- It was upgraded as Post Graduate centre during 1969 and as Research Institute in 1980.
- Undergraduate and Post Graduate Students of agriculture.
- Farmers of Southern Tamil Nadu.
- Farm input dealers.
- Entrepreneurs / agro based industrialists.
- Extension personnel of the development sector.
The System of Education
- A four year Under Graduate, two year Post Graduate and three year Doctoral
Degree Programmes are offered.
- The Institute is offering Masters and Doctoral programme in nine specialized disciplines.
- English medium and Semester pattern of education.
- Modern scientific labs in all the major subjects
- Hi-tech instrumentation facility
- Audio-visual lab for enhancing communication skill
Modern lecture hall
- State-of-the-art class rooms of good ambiance equipped with all teaching aids including multimedia projector, participatory seating arrangement to create an appropriate teaching learning milieu through careful blend of modern and traditional pedagogy.
- Computer and Web based tutorials and Multimedia Courseware.
Video conferencing lab
- Multi connecting point for conference sharing, access for guest lectures, placement opportunities, cross and distance learning across the Globe.
- Collection of reference books , text books, back volumes, thesis research work, National ,International Journals, e-journals and Compact Discs, digitally documented for easy access.
Computer Lab and Internet Facility
- LAN network and Net Browsing facilities
RAWE and Crop production
- Experiential learning in farmers’ holdings.
- Agro industrial tie up and educational tour.
Students Counseling and Placement
- Facilitating students to get Employment and higher education.
- Classes on Softskills and personality Developments
- Coaching for competitive examinations Civil Services, TOEFL, GRE and GMAT
- Comfortable accommodation
- Modernized kitchen for hygienic food
- Round the clock internet connectivity
NSS and NCC services
- To converge the differential interest and talents of students under one umbrella through different clubs.
- Cultural programmes and competitions to develop hidden talents.
- A well maintained students’ Co-operative stores, Dispensary, Canteen, Post Office, Nationalized Bank to cater to the needs of the students.