Textile Science and Design is an upcoming field that has immense demand in the industry both at national and global level. Textiles are also an important industry in our locality, where traditionally weaving, dyeing and printing (Chungadi) is being done, besides a number of weaving and garment manufacturing industries. There is very good scope of working with the local weavers to enhance their income by way of value addition and use of new technology. Also it has a significant industrial force which is unique in wide ranging career opportunities it offers, i.e. merchandising, designing and manufacturing. This department offered courses study of textile fibres marketing of finished textile products that relate to the demands of the textile market and provides experiences that prepare students for placement and entrepreneurship development.
To offer high quality graduate and post graduate programs in Textile Science and Design to prepare students for professional career or higher studies in area of Textiles. The department promotes excellence in teaching, research, collaborative activities and positive contributions to society.
- To provide quality textile education.
- To produce a tailor made person as per the requirement of textile industry.
- To develop as a premier department in undergraduate and post graduate teaching and research.
- To provide continuing and informal education programme relevant to textile industries.
- To undertake research project on a globally competitive basis.