To make the institute, a premier accredited horticultural education and research centre and provide sustained quality education programmes for human resource development for horticulture sector.
To provide exemplary learning environment and academic activities for transforming students into experts in agricultural technology, research process, transfer of technology and agripreneurship; provide innovative solutions for short term and long term agriculture in this region through research, extension and entrepreneurship
- To function as an educational institute to offer undergraduate B.Sc. (Hort.), B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture and Post graduate M.Sc. (Hort.) degree programmes.
- To meet the demand for technological manpower of the State and Private entrepreneurs.
- To organize inter – disciplinary research for solving the location specific problems for the different agro ecological conditions in Theni and nearby districts.
- To evolve horticultural crop varieties and technologies best suited for general cultivation.
- To develop technologies for value additions and post-harvest preservation of horticultural crops.
- To provide technical know-ho for the development of Horticulture and Agro-based industries in this region.
- To organize technology transfer programme through farmers’ training either separately or jointly with the State Agricultural Department of Tamil Nadu..