The Department of Natural ResourceManagement was established in the year 2019 as a separate department at HC&RI, Periyakulam and is involved in teaching of Agronomy, Soil Science and agricultural chemistry, Microbiology and Environmental Science courses. This department is also involved in research activities on Arbuscular Mycorrhizae, Micronutrients for fruits & vegetables. The soil and irrigation water samples of farmers are also analysed for their physic-chemical properties and suggestions and given on cost basis.
- To handle the UG courses in agronomy, soil science and agricultural chemistry, microbiology, environmental sciences and nanotechnology.
- To conduct the research on natural resources and their management for the horticultural crops.
- To study the conservation of natural resources for sustaining their productivity of horticultural crops.
- To impart training to the farmers and develop entrepreneurship skills on natural resources, production and sustainability of horticultural crops.
- Enabling the students for higher studies in National and international platform.
- Imparting entrepreneurship skill to the students.
- Developing micronutrient mixture for major fruits crops.
- Developing multi nutrient mixture for major vegetables of its regime.