- Department of Agricultural Engineering offers four UG courses, Research and extension activities.
- It also includes the maintenance of mini estate office for creating new infrastructural facilities for both Agricultural College and Research Institute, Madurai and Community Science College and Research Institute
- To teach courses on Spices and Plantation Crops to undergraduate students.
- To evolve new varieties with high yield and quality and develop suitable production technology for Spices and Plantation Crops.
- To produce and supply quality planting materials of important Spices and Plantation Crops.
- To disseminate technologies of Spices and Plantation Crops to growers, planters and entrepreneurs through trainings, demonstrations, publications and mass media
- To conduct research on Crop improvement, Crop management, Crop protection and Post- harvest management of spices and plantation crops
Mandatory Crops: Curryleaf, Tamarind and Coriander
- To develop high yielding varieties with high quality and tolerance to major biotic and abiotic stresses
- To develop improved technologies to increase the yield and quality with high benefit cost ratio
- To produce and supply quality planting material of tamarind and curryleaf
- To disseminate the latest technological knowhow in spices and plantation crops to the extension functionaries and farmers of this region