The Placement Cell of the Horticultural College and Research Institute for Women conducts regular Group Discussion sessions and Mock Interviews besides arranging Personality Development Workshops for enhancing the Soft Skills of the students so as to enable them perform better in Campus Recruitment. Under ICAR Development Grant, the Placement Cell of HC&RI(W), purchased pertinent books on Soft Skills and Personality Development to the tune Rs. 75,000 and various Competitive Magazines and periodicals are subscribed to the tune of Rs. 14,000 in order to enhance the Skillsets and Competitive Edge of the students in Competitive Examinations. In general, the following programmes are conducted every year by the Placement Cell.
- Conducting Personality Development Workshop to enhance the Soft Skills and Communication Skills of the students.
- Arranging an exclusive Career Guidance Workshop for Final year students.
- Giving simulation exercises to improve the performance of students in Group Dynamics Discussion and Mock Interviews.
- Arranging Special Interactive Sessions with the Alumni of TNAU for the benefit of the students and Guest lectures by successful technocrats and entrepreneurs in the field of horticulture.
- Arranging Idea Generation Camp and Passport Camp every year.
- Our students are placed in Banking sectors and private sectors and there is a lot of scope for employment in Central, State Government organizations and Commodity Boards.
- In the recent TNPSC recruitment (2019), 52 students from our Institute bagged Horticultural Officer post and 9 students got recruited directly as Assistant Director of Horticulture, in Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Our students are also pursuing their Post Graduate programmes in reputed Institutes, all over India, bagging ICAR- JRF Fellowship every year.
Students Performance in National Examinations
The college was started in 2011 and three batches of students have passed out. Among the total (117) passed out students, five cleared the ICAR JRF exam and 13 students secured ICAR placement with scholarship. Seven students of this college had cleared the IBPS exam and are working in nationalized banks. One students of II B.Sc. (Hort.) was awarded with summer research fellowship by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore. She did her summer research on “Nutritional analysis and germination techniques of some wild edible fruit plants from northern western ghats with special emphasis on Kolhapur district” in the Department of Botany, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- A special session on group discussion and mock interview was conducted on 02.06.2018 for the outgoing final year students
- A special interactive session was organized with renowned economist Dr.Suresh Chandra Babu, IFPRI, Washington D.C., U.S.A on “Agricultural Development and Nutritional Policy in India” on 08.06.2018.
- An interactive session on “How Apple and Vada Batter have disrupted the Market” was arranged at CARE College, Tiruchirappalli for III B.Sc. (Hort.) students on 06.07.2018.
- An awareness session on “Opportunities in higher education in Australia” was organized with Australian College of Agriculture and Horticulture, Melbourne on 05.02.2019.
- A two Day Workshop on “Soft Skills and Personality Development” was organized in association with Edify Solutions Pvt. Ltd. for the final year students on 21.02.2019 and 22.02.2019.
- “An Idea Generation Workshop” was conducted in association with CARE College, Trichy on 28.03.2019 for III B.Sc. (Hort.) students.