The Agricultural College and Research Institute (AC & RI), Eachangkottai, Thanjavur was established in 2014. This is one of the 14 constituent colleges of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) providing Under-Graduate education in Agricultural Sciences. It is located at a distance of 18 km from Thanjavur with an area of 124 acres. Now, the college is functioning with five departments with full fledged administrative block, laboratories, library, auditorium and smart classrooms.
|07.08.2014||The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu announced the start of three new Agricultural College and Research Institutes in the TN floor of assembly with one at Cauvery Delta Zone (Eachangkottai, Thanjavur).|
|25.08.2014||College commenced functioning temporarily from Soil and Water Management Research Institute, Kattuthottam, Thanjavur with 60 students (First batch) admitted on 12.08.2014 through the 3rd phase of TNAU counselling|
|25.07.2015||Second Batch Students admitted|
|02.11.2015||College started functioning at Eachangkottai, Orathanad Block, Thanjavur district|
Vision & Mission
The Mission of the Institute is to strengthen the agricultural research and education and to serve the farming community and rural youth in the Cauvery Delta Zone (CDZ) of Tamil Nadu. The vision of the institute is to function as an educational institute to offer undergraduate B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture degree programme and to organize inter disciplinary research for solving the location specific problems in the CDZ.
- To function as an educational institute to offer undergraduate B.Sc.(Hons.) Agri degree programme
- To organize inter disciplinary research for solving the location specific problems in the Cauvery Delta Zone
- To evolve crop varieties and technologies best suited for Cauvery Delta Zone
- To meet the demand for technological manpower of the State and Private entrepreneurs
- To provide technical know-how for the development of Agriculture, Horticulture and Agro-based industries in this region
- To organize technology transfer through training of farmers and in collaboration with the State Agricultural Department