Skip to content
- Intensification of forage production per unit area per unit time, which could be achieved through cultivation of improved high yielding varieties and better management practices.
- Identification of potential areas where fodder crop can be grown as interim crop and promotion of fodder crops under watershed development
- Promoting cultivation of high green fodder yielding / drought tolerant varieties and adoption of appropriate technologies for post harvest management
- Establishment of Fodder Banks by farmers’ Coops / FPOs to collect, chaff, compress, process into complete feed and distribute to needy/scarcity areas.
- Effective use of Rain gun / Mobile sprinkler irrigation in water deficit areas and promoting low cost farmer centric mechanization