TNAU Offset Printing Press
The University Press was established in the year 1972 along with the TNAU established by a Special Act, TNAU Act 1971 under the agies of the Directorate of Extension Education. Since then the University Press is catering the needs of all publications related to teaching, research and extension. As per Tamil Nadu Government Rules, the TNAU University Press has been registered under Factories Act 1948 and Tamil Nadu Factories Rules 1950 with proper renewals every year.
Vision and Mission
The University Press is envisaged for not-for-profit or not-for-commercial activity but to serve as a printing unit of TNAU for publishing scientific and educational materials for the transfer/spread of technical knowledge/technologies among students, researchers and farming community.
Facilities at Present
The University Press has three state-of-the-art offset printing machines for both mono colour and multicolour printing. The binding section is also full-fledged with all the necessary upto date tools and gadgets.
To meet the challenges of the cutting-edge technological & printing advancements the University Press is being refurbished with new modern printing tools, machines and gadgets:
- State-of-the-art world class paper cutting machines:PG 116 HMT®Programable Machine.
- Multifunctional colour printing machine:Konica Minolta® C558
- Intel 7 processor computer units with networking facility for computer-ready printing.
- Automatic Paper Shredder Machine :Shred Pack – H Product ID – 5116877-56757196200
- Air Purifiers
Facility in Progress
- Multicolor (4) CPC Offset Printing Machine.