Both basic and applied and applied meteorological research is being carried out ACRC. Research programmes are being funded by India Meteorological Department, State government of Tamil Nadu, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Department of Science and Technology (DST), NABARD and many foreign agencies. Major research areas concentrated by ACRC are viz.,
- Crop weather interactions
- Weather, weed, pest and disease interaction
- Climate change and climate variability
- Mitigation and adaption option for climate change
- Crop weather modeling and numerical weather models
- Astrometeorology and ITKs in weather forecast
- GHG emission and GIS and remote sensing.
- TNAU – BLMRWF: Block Level Medium Range Weather Forecast
- TNAU – DLSSRF: District level Location Specific Seasonal Weather forecast
- TNAU – AAS: Automated Agro Advisory Service – Web cum Mobile Application
- TNAU – Weather Soft: Database cum weather calculation Tool – Desktop application
- TNAU – Energy Soft: Tool to identify energy efficient technologies – Desktop application
- TNAU – MAI: Simple user friendly Moisture Adequacy Index Calculator
- Crop Efficient Zones (CEZ) in Tamil Nadu for major food crops viz., rice, maize, cumbu, sorghum, redgram, blackgram, greengram, groundnut, sunflower, sesamum and Sugarcane.
- Micro Climate zones (54 Nos.) for Tamil Nadu