To plan, undertake, promote and co-ordinate education, research and its applications in Agronomy and also to facilitate accelerated dissemination of improved crop production technologies, knowledge and information.
- To develop appropriate crop production technologies for enhancing the production and productivity of major cropping systems on a sustainable basis
- To provide under graduate, post-graduate teaching and develop human resource in Agriculture
- To impart experiential learning in Agronomy to the students
- Suggest contingent plan / alternate crops and cropping pattern during water scarcity situations in the State.
- To undertake problem solving and location specific research to advise farmers on specific agronomic problems and support the Farm Advisory Services for efficient transfer of technology.
- To provide Advance Faculty Trainings for Scientists from SAUs and ICAR Institute under CAFTA.
To provide undergraduate, post graduate teaching and develop human resources, to undertake agronomic research by developing new concepts and approaches of sustainable crop production and to augment the process of capacity building of different stake holders in crop production technologies.