Skip to content
Crop Physiology - Future strategies
- Physiological interventions for enhanced crop yield and quality
- Developing nutrient and PGR based consortia to enhance the productivity and quality of major crops
- Developing remedial measures for managing physiological and nutritional disorders in crops
- Postharvest physiological studies for enhancing the shelf life and quality.
- Physiological approaches for stress management
- Phenotyping germplasm for drought and submergence tolerance in crops
- Physiological dissection of salt, temperature and light stress tolerance in crops
- Physiological approaches for mitigation of drought, high temperature and salt stress
- Physiological basis for disease/pest resistance in crops
- Physiological interventions for breaking yield ceiling in food crops by increasing Photosynthetic efficiency
- Understanding the photosynthetic properties of model crops in cereals and pulses under varied stress conditions and temperatures in relation to biomass production.
- Exploiting the physiological traits for improving photosynthetic efficiency in crops
- Understanding the physiology of root system and environment interaction
- Identifying root traits contributing to plant productivity in major food crops
- Exploring the role of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria in root system functioning.
- Identification of root traits and signaling influencing the acquisition of mineral elements.