Plant Health diagnostic facility
The Plant Health Diagnostic Lab (PHDF) is a diagnostic facility funded by ICAR. The diagnostic services offered by the PHDF include identification of plant pathogens, stress-related disorders, and pests to improve the crop production of Villupuram District.
Key functions of PHDF include:
- diagnosis of crop disease and disorders;
- identification of insect and mite problems;
- chemical resistance testing;
- active surveillance for emerging and exotic diseases.
The recommendation of PHDF assist you to:
- save expenditure on unnecessary or incorrect chemicals;
- ensure your produce achieves best quality and, therefore, best market price;
- implement best practice pest and disease control.