SWOT ANALYSIS OF THE INSTITUTE
- Well trained technical expertise in all the disciplines.
- Among the TNAU KVKS, KVK, Vridhachalam has achieved highest foundation seed production of paddy TKM 13 (16.5 tonnes), Groundnut VRI 8 (18 tonnes), Blackgram (MDU 1) 5 tonnes and gingelly VRI 3 (750 kgs) .
- KVK providing technical guidance to FPOs viz., Sivasakthi Seed Producer Company Ltd, Veeranarayanan FPO for producing and selling of their farm produce.
- Through KMAS, approximately 350 messages were sent and 9506 farmers were benefited.
- Four Commodity Interest Groups on millets have been formed and Millet entrepreneur have been developed under INSIMP scheme.
- Regional Research Station is located in the KVK campus which is the strength for update of research findings.
- Lack of adequate field level staff for assisting the farm activities.
- Development of Farmers Producers companies.
- Development of Entrepreneurs under various agricultural allied activities.
- Development of supply chain between farmers and traders.
- Failure of rainfall often results in delayed sowing and drought during the flowering/pod development stage.
- Unpredicted rainfall during the flowering period resulting in complete flower shedding and poor pod setting.