KrishiVigyan Kendra aims at technology assessment, refinement and demonstration of technology/products to cater to the needs of farming community, extension personnel and other stakeholders in the district.
- Conducting on-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Organizing frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmers’ fields.
- Organizing need based training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies related to technology assessment, refinement and demonstration and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- Creating awareness about improved agricultural technologies among various clienteles through appropriate extension programmes.
- Production of good quality seeds, planting materials, livestock breeds, animal products, bio-products,etc. as per the demand and supply the same to different clienteles.
- Work as knowledge and resource centre of agricultural technology to support the initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district