The overall mandate of the KVK is to develop and disseminate location specific technological modules at district level through Technology Assessment, Refinement and Demonstration and to act as Knowledge and Resource Centre for agriculture and its allied activities. The specific activities to carry out this mandate are:
- Conducting on-farm testing to identify the location specific agricultural technologies under various farming systems
- Organizing frontline demonstrations to establish its production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmers’ fields.
- Organizing need based training for farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development
- Creating awareness about improved technologies to larger masses through appropriate extension programmes.
- Production and supply of good quality seeds,planting materials, vermicompost and various bio-products to the farming community.
- To work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.