- Conducting On Farm Testing (OFT) to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use under various farming systems.
- Organizing Front Line Demonstrations (FLD) to establish production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmer’s field to generate production data and feedback information. Read more
- The Krishi Vigyan Kendra– Tiruppur District & Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) – Coimbatore, Government of Tamilnadu, Welcomes you to the Official website with detailed information about our Departments and our official activities.
- The Krishi Vigyan Kendra(KVK) sponsored by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Government of India was established in Pongalur, Tiruppur District, Tamilnadu, India on 1st July 2019 with the major objective of Transfer of Technology in agriculture and allied fields. It is a multidisciplinary hub catering to the needs and aspirations of different farmers and stake holders from innovation to decision making process to adoption.
- The Krishi Vigyan Kendrais a District Knowledge Resource Centre functioning under Tamil Nadu Agricultural University with sponsorship of ICAR at Pongalur, Tiruppur district. The focus of the Kendra is to provide district specific technical backstopping to the stakeholders to bridge the yield gaps through various innovative transfers of technology interventions. The main aim is to increase the agriculture output and thereby improve the socio-economic level of Tiruppur District Agriculturists. The Kendra is implementing activities in different disciplines viz., Agronomy, Plant protection, Horticulture, Seed Technology, Agricultural Engineering, Social Sciences, Animal Husbandry, Home Science and Soil Science in form of technology assessment, refinements, demonstrations, trainings and entrepreneurs development programmes as per the mandates laid out by TNAU and ICAR
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Pongalur, Tiruppur is situated in the Palladam – Trichy National Highway (NH-81) at Pongalur village, Devanampalayam post, Palladam Taluk and zip code 641 667. It is 14 Kms away from Tiruppur town, its located at 10°58’N 77°23’E / 10.97°N 77.38°E.
- Our KVK is one among the 14 KVKs of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University started in the year 2019 (01.07.2019) to cater the needs and solve the problems of farmers of both Tiruppur and Coimbatore Districts. It is spread in an area of 15.62 ha (05 acre ) of land adjoining to PAP canal system situated 2 km away from the Pongalur town on the road of Pongalur to Kangayam with existing infrastructure facilities, the farm has big storage godown in ground floor, threshing yard, three office rooms in first floor and five quarters (7 houses) in western end of the farm.
- Further, around farm has boundary – wired fencing. electrical motors, pump house, bore well, Solar panel with motor, open well and etc.,
- Also TNAU farm Pongalur has 143 nos. of live coconut trees (1ha) and live 165 nos. of Oil palm trees (1 ha). land available for cultivation of crops (6.5 ha) and agro forestry (1.2 ha).
|KVK Inputs sales -Queries||Tmt. A. Manickavalli., PA(T).|
|Check Availability & Booking||Please contact + 91 6379465045|
|S.N||Item Particulars||Item Code||Qty||Rate (Rs.)|
|I||Formulation (Micro nutrient mixtures)|
|Mango booster||mb||1 kg||No Stock|
|TNAU Maize Maximum||mm||1 kg||Against order|
|Banana booster||bb||1 kg||No Stock|
|Vegetables Micro Nutrient mixture (IIHR Veg Spl)||nm||1 kg||No Stock|
|TANUVAS Mineral Mixture||tmm||1 kg||No Stock|
|TNAU Groundnut Rich||gr||1 kg|
|TNAU Sugarcane Booster||sb||1 kg||No Stock|
|TNAU Pulse wonder||pw||1 kg|
|Coconut Tonic||ct||Pkt||No Stock|
|Coconut Concentrate||cc||1 lit||309|
|TNAU Cotton Plus||cp||1 kg||No Stock|
|Trichoderma viride||tv||1 kg||168|
|Pseudomonas fluorescens||pf||1 kg||168|
|III||Organic manure (Pot culture media)|
|Vermi compost||ver||1 kg||12|
|Cocopeat||coc||1 kg||No Stock|
|Coir pith compost||coi||1 kg||No Stock|
|Azolla||az||1 kg||No Stock|
|VI||Bio Control Agents|
|Phospho Bactria||1 kg||60|
|Vegetable seed pocket (20 g each)
[Tomato COTH 3, chillies TNAU Hy CO, Brinjal co-2, Amaranthus CO 1, Ridgegourd co-1, Bhendi COBh 1, Bottle gourd Co1 , Ash gourd Co1, Amaranthus PLR 1 & Co 1]
|Vs||1 pkt||No Stock|
|Vegetable seed kit (5 kind of seed)
[Tomato PKM1, Bitter gourd C01, Pumpkin CO1, Ash gourd Co1, Amaranthus PLR 1, Chillies K1]
|Vsk||1 pkt||No Stock|
|Co 8 Green gram TFL||1 kg||92|
|Lead Agency||Project Title||Role of KVK||Date of Initiation||Other collaborative Agency||Duration (Years)||Project Outlay (Lakh)||Additional Manpower Used||Progress achieved|
|ICAR KVK||DAMU||Agro Advisory Scheme||01.04.2020||State Department of Agriculture and Horticulture and other line departments||1 year||1.20||Yes||On going|
|ICAR KVK||Jal Sakti Abhiyan||Kisan Mela||01.07.2019||State Department of Agriculture and Horticulture and other line departments||1 year||3||Nil||1 Kisan Mela Conducted on 06.08.2019 at Pongalur|
|ICAR KVK||Environmental Awareness and Tree Plantation||Tree plantation and create awareness||17.09.2019||Vanam Foundation||1 Day||0.10||Nil||1000 saplings distributed (Neem – Azardiracta indica , Rose wood – Dalbergia latifolia, Red sandels – Petrocarpous santalinus, Pungam – Pongamea pennate, Casuarina exqusite folio), awareness programme conducted|
|ICAR KVK||Fertilizer Application Awareness Programme||Conduct Training programme||19.10.2019||State Department of Animal Husbandry||1 day||0.50||Nil||Conducted on 19.10.19 at Kongu Kalaiyarangam, Avinashi.|
|ICAR KVK||Foot Mouth Disease (Animal Husbandry)||Conduct Training programme and Animal Health Camp||11.09.2019||State Department of Agriculture and Horticulture and other line departments and SPIC Ltd.,||1 day||0.15||Nil||Animal Health Camp Conducted on 11.09.19 at Anupatti, Karadivavi.|
|ICAR KVK||Swatchaa Hi Seva (Swatch Bharath Abhiyan)||Conduct Awareness & Training programmes, Campaigns||01.09.2019||State Department of Agriculture and Horticulture and other line departments and SPIC Ltd.,||1 day||0.25||Nil||Conducted from 11.09.19 to 02.10.19 at KVK premises Pongalur and near by villages.|