|· KVK is a representation of TNAU and ICAR.
· Easy accessibility by the farmers as the location of Kendra is in the near of the District headquarter.
· Well established technologies dissemination techniques viz., OFT, FLD which is even conducted in the interior villages.
· KVK mainly involved in selecting, motivating and promoting conveners on the adoption of technologies by themselves and also with considerable number of fellow farmers.
· Linkages with state department’s viz., Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, Veterinary, FTC, DRDA, DPAP, Nationalized banks etc and other non Govt organizations.
· Multidisciplinary team work.
· Technically sound faculty is available
· It is spread in an area of 15.62 ha (39.05 acre ) of land
· Adjoining to PAP canal system
· Situated 2 km away from the Pongalur town (road of Pongalur to Kangayam )
· The farm has big storage godown in ground floor, with threshing yard,
|· No proper infrastructure (Admin building, Training Hall, Farmers Hostel and Staff Quarters)
· Very poor network connectivity (telephone and internet)
· Inadequate staff strength
· SMS not available in all the disciplines
· Lack of adequate infrastructure facilities
· Inadequate tie –up with industrial units for entrepreneurship development.
· Lack of Skilled labour for propagation techniques under clonal orchard
· Lack of permanent exhibition units to conduct technology melas and forums at district level
· Poor linkage with marketing facilities and hyper markets
|· Establishment of seed production unit
· Scope for establishing Nursery unit
· Establishment of input production units on Biofertilisers, biopesticides and seed processing
· Having enough scope for improving orchard if KVK is provided with required fund
· Scope for establishing demo unit on value added products preparation
· Scope for setting up of demo unit on Apiary
· Scope for setting up of seed sales centre
· Scope for setting up Animal component demo units and demonstration
· Scope for setting up of commercial vegetable nursery unit
· There is scope for establishing veterinary demo unit since this district is having more livestock population
· Scope of model composting unit to recycle all farm waste into manure
· Scope for soil testing facility and supply of soil health cards immediately
|· Competition by private companies and agencies
· Mis belief of farmers on traditional practices, pesticides, seeds, fertilizers etc.
· Self diagnosing and wrong application of chemicals without attacking the exact problems.
· Entry of new varieties, input and chemicals into the State without the knowledge of Agricultural University
· Domination of private input supply agency and ignorance of farmers
· Poor purchasing power of farmers
· Supply of inputs by private agency on credit basis
· Unpredictable climate and weather leads unexpected field problems
· Outbreak of pest and disease causes more field problems which require immediate attention and requires lot of time and manpower