Skip to content
- Coconut Research Station started in 1958 and brought under TNAU in 1973
- Act as coordinating Research Centre for Palms in Tamil Nadu State under ICAR-AICRP on Palms from 1973.
- Functioning as lead centre for research on Ganoderma wilt disease under ICAR-AICRP on Palms from 1973
- Coconut wilt scheme operated at Muthupet was brought to Coconut Research Station, Veppankulam and functioning from 1977.
- Research activities strengthened in Agricultural Entomology in 1984 and Soil Science in 1997.