Training Organized / Conducted
Rice Research Station is involved in intensive extension activities in co ordination with state agricultural department in the following ways.
- Training extension officials and farmers on emerging crop production technologies.
- Conducting monthly zonal meetings for extension officials
- On Farm training to farmers through ATMA- SSEPERS programmes
- Conducting field days to spread the successful technologies.
- Conducting farm schools to enlighten farmers Knowledge
- Co ordinating training programmes conducted by KVK
- Organizing Front line demonstrations on new varieties and production technologies through TNIAMP
- Diagnostic field visits, survey, monitoring and fore-warning of major pests and diseases
- Offering farmers advisory services
- Dissemination of technologies through mass media, exhibition, pamphlets and leaflets