Skip to content
- Evolving short and medium duration fine grain quality rice varieties, drought and saline tolerant resistant rice varieties.
- Seed quality enhancement and supply of quality seeds of TNAU released rice varieties to farming community
- To find out effective and economic management practices for major rice pests through integration of botanicals, bio-control agents, cultural methods and behavioural approaches.
- To develop package of practices for organic paddy cultivation and to study land races for enhancing the yield
- Popularization of rice based agricultural implements/machinery among the farmers of Tiruvallur and Kancheepuram districts.
- Providing hands on training on new varieties/technologies, quality seed production to create awareness and to upgrade the knowledge of farmers, unemployed youths and officials.
- Process development of the utilization of rice straw and rice wastes and by products of farm and industrial applications viz., vermi-compost, making of paper boards enriched feed blocks etc.,
- Establishment of a nutritional garden for popularizing among the farmers.
- Propagation of ornamental plants for sale to the farmers and public