The Directorate of Research is coordinating all the research activities of TNAU and it remains as the hub of all the activities within and outside TNAU. There are several ongoing external and internal projects being operated by the scientists under the Technical Directors/Deans and Heads of Stations. The categories of projects include
1) University Research projects,
2) All India Co-coordinated Projects/Paid-up trials
3) Externally Funded Projects. For the smooth running of all these projects and
other activities, the following arrangements are made at the Directorate of Research.
Dr.K.S.SUBRAMANIAN, Ph.D., (Canada)
Director of Research & NABARD Chair Professor
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile:94890 33000, 98940 65449
Phone: 0422-6611447, 6611547
Mobile: 94432 54038, 80721 67956
Phone: 0422-6611526, 6611527
- Monitoring the proposals coming for the External Funding Agencies and getting the approvals for further transmittance.
- Numbering and maintaining the year-wise list of Externally Funded Research Schemes and arranging for the conduct of annual review meeting.
- Providing Administrative Sanction Orders to the Principal Investigators for getting the Head Account.
- Scrutinizing and getting the approval of the proposals related to the appointment of Temporary Research Personnel under the Externally Funded Schemes
- Inviting the proposals for the release of varieties and technologies after the completion of the Annual Crop Scientists’ Meet.
- Monitoring the release of varieties (State and Central Level) and consolidating the list of varieties
- Coordinating the conduct of Patent Committee Meeting
- Organizing the Annual Scientific Workers’ Conference and preparing reports related to the Scientific Workers’ Conference.
- Organizing Research Council Meeting and preparing reports related to the Scientific Workers’ Conference.
- Coordinating activities pertinent to MLTs and ARTs
Mobile: 94438 53473
Phone: 6611526, 6611527
- Monitoring the University Research Projects (URP)
- Numbering, Monitoring the Progress, Maintaining the consolidated list of URPs and consolidating the results obtained based on the completion reports
- Purchases related to Research Stations
- Monitoring the administrative activities related Research Stations
- Communications pertaining to the State and Central Government
- Processing files related to trainings, seminars and conferences
- Issues pertaining to Right to Information Act
- Organizing the Crop Scientists’ Meets and preparing the proceedings and further follow-up.
- Inventorying all the Crop Management Technologies of TNAU
Dr. M.Mohamed Yassin
Phone: 6611526, 6611527
- Monitoring the AICRP Schemes and projects related to various boards
- Getting the Annual Reports pertaining to all the AICRP Schemes
- Maintaining the list of Staff working under the AICRP Schemes
- Monitoring the activities related to Paid-up Trials
- Numbering and maintaining the year-wise list of all the Externally Funded Developmental Schemes (NADP, TANII, and IAMWARM) and arranging for the conduct of annual review meeting
- Providing Administrative Sanction Orders pertaining to AICRP, NADP, TANII, Revolving Funds and Paid-up trial projects.
- Scrutinizing and getting the approval of the proposals related to the appointment of Temporary Research Personnel pertaining to above schemes.
- Consolidating the reports pertaining to AICRPs and Paid-up Trials and arranging for the annual review meeting
- Monitoring the Inter-Institutional MoUs (within and outside the country)
- Monitoring the Procedural Norms pertaining to the purchase of Non-recurring items of Research Stations.
- Inventorying all the Crop Protection technologies of TNAU.