Inception of the Department
The department of Forest Products and Utilization was established during October 2011 and then renamed as Department of Forest Products and Wildlife during August 2018.
- To create database on anatomical, physical and mechanical properties of lesser known and plantation grown timbers for the improved utilization and value addition.
- Developing technologies for value addition to non durable plantation timbers and NTFPs.
- Developing integrated management strategies against biodegradation of wood.
- Screening and isolation of useful constituents (phyto-chemical analysis) from wood and NTFPs for value addition.
- To focus on wildlife biology and conservation.
The Department of Forest Products and Wildlife emphasize on rationale and efficient utilization of timber and Non Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) to increase the utilization pattern.
Department staff strength
|Name of the Staff
|Dr. K. Baranidharan
|Professor and Head
|Dr. P. Hemalatha
|Associate Professor (Horticulture)