- To attain global excellence and human resource development in sericulture science and to improve the livelihood of people by way of sericulture and allied activities through Education, Research and Extension.
- Educating students and developing skilled human resources in the field of Sericulture to meet the national and global demand of the silk industry
- Undertaking need-based, advanced and innovative research to develop technologies and impart knowledge in the field of sericulture for the benefit of stakeholders.
- To produce globally competent graduates in the sericulture sector who can establish themselves as job providers rather than job seekers.
- To undertake basic, strategic and adaptive research relevant to the problems of the state/region.
- To transfer the technologies to the end users for socio-economic empowerment.