To develop production technologies for the major crops of CNDZ. To develop alternate cropping system for CNDZ. To develop, evaluate and introduce high yielding varieties of rice and black gram suitable for CNDZ. To conduct soil and water management research. To produce breeder and TNAU labelled seeds of rice and pulses. To popularize the new crop varieties and technologies. To cater the technological needs of extension functionaries and farmers.
Conducting field experiments
- To find out the solution to the problems faced by farming community and developing new improved technologies.
- To identify feasible alternate cropping systems for CNDZ.
- Alternate Wetting and Drying irrigation in rice.
- Nutrient Management in DSR
- Evolution of extra early duration of rice varieties.
- Sustainable resource management in IFS