I. Mandate of KVK
Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
II. Activities of KVKs.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers.
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.
- MSSRF- Nutri-Garden
- District Agromet Field Unit – DAMUs
- TNIAMP- Phase-II
- Paramparaghat Krishi Vikas Yojana(PKVY) Doubling Farmer’s Income (DFI)
Thiru. C. Raman, Progressive farmer of Kilampakkam, Ikkadu block, Tiruvallur district is practicing Agriculture for the past twenty years. He is cultivating Paddy, Pulses and Groundnut in an area of 40 acres .He is also following integrated farming system inclusive of Diary, Poultry, Fish culture, Azolla production, Vermi compost production and Apiary unit. He was honoured with “Progressive Farmer Award” for Progressive farmer adopting innovative technologies on 25.08.2018 at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore. The Award was presented by the Honourable Minister of Municipal Administration, Rural Development and Implementation of Special Programme, Tamil Nadu.
Thiru. C. Jayakumar, farmer of Vadamadurai, Honoured with “Innovative farmer” for adopting Farm Magnetization on 15.02.2019 at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore