- Evolution and evaluation of new varieties of various crops viz., pulses, millets, oilseeds and vegetables suitable for North Eastern Zone of Tamil Nadu.
- Evaluation of TNAU MLT and OFT of various agricultural and horticultural crops.
- Production of Nucleus, Breeder and TNAU labelled seeds of pulses and oilseeds as per the indent.
- Development of alternate cropping pattern for rainfed agriculture in Vellore district.
- Development of Integrated management strategies for major pests and diseases of agricultural and horticultural crops in Vellore district.
- Develop suitable crop varieties and bioremediation techniques for tannery polluted areas.
This station is situated about 16 km away from Vellore bus stand (About 13 km from Vellore, in Chennai- Bangalore National Highway (Seduvalai) and a diversion of 3 km in Seduvalai to Vaduganthangal road) and 21 km from Katpadi railway junction. The nearest airport is Chennai International airport which is about 150 km from the station.
Latitude : 12° 5′ and 13° 5′ N
Longitude : 78° 02′ and 79° 5′ E
|Total Area||:||23.75 hectares|
|Irrigated area||:||15.30 hectares|
|Soil type||:||Sandy loam|
|Average annual rainfall||:||971.1mm|
|Mean Maximum Temperature||:||33.1°C|
|Mean Minimum Temperature||:||22.8°C|
|Meteorology||:||II Class Observatory|