Skip to content
- A new cropping pattern cotton – pulse – paddy was found to be highly economic compared to cotton – rice sequence.
- 60:30:30 kg NPK/ha applied as 50% of N and the entire P and K as basal and the remaining half applied on 45th day followed by earthing up, gave maximum yield in summer irrigated cotton.
- Clipping of apical buds from 15th node e., on 75-80 day of sowing arrests excessive vegetative growth and promotes boll development.
- Sowing of rice fallow cotton in seed row tillage after the harvest of paddy gives higher seed cotton yield.
- Cotton sown on ridges followed by earthing up on 40th day reduced the incidence of stem weevil.