GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST
Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) is an all-India Entrance Examination to test the eligibility of bonafide Indian nationals for admissions to DBT supported Post Graduate programmes in Biotechnology and allied areas, at participating institutions/universities.
- Qualified through GAT-B 2023 Exam conducted by Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Sc. (Ag.) / B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture/ B.Sc. (Hort.) / B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture / B.Sc. (Forestry) / B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry/ B.Sc. (Sericulture)/ B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture / B.Sc. (Ag.) Biotechnology/ B.Tech. (Hort.) / B.Tech. (Ag. Biotech.) / B.Tech. (Biotech.) / B.Tech. (Bioinformatics).
- Only those students who have studied (10+2+4 pattern of education) in State Agricultural Universities (SAUs)/ Colleges affiliated to SAUs/ ICAR Deemed Universities/Central Universities with Agriculture Faculty listed by ICAR/ any other institutes accredited by NAEAB (ICAR) alone are eligible for admission to TNAU.
- A candidate who has undergone course credit system with a minimum OGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or 6.60 out of 10.00 (70 in case of percentage) in Bachelor’s Degree Programme can apply for Masters Programme. However, for SC/ST candidates, minimum OGPA of 6.50 out of 10.00 in Bachelor’s degree is sufficient.
Mode of Selection
- Students selected under DBT, GoI sponsored program will be allotted to the Department of Plant Biotechnology, Centre for Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore and AC & RI, Madurai.
- Students applying for DBT supported GAT-B M.Sc. (Ag.) Molecular Biology & Biotechnology Program need NOT appear for TNAU Common PG Entrance Examination conducted by the School of Post Graduate Studies, TNAU, Coimbatore.
- 20 seats will be reserved for the candidates qualified and selected through GAT B Entrance Examination conducted by Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad, Uttar Pradesh for this current academic year. The reservation policy for the GAT-B selection will be followed subject to the approval by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Link for GAT – B Entrance Examination (https://rcb.res.in/DBTPG/)
- Students who qualified the GAT-B Entrance Examination can apply separately through Google Forms. Selected candidates will be admitted separately as per University Norms.
Apply for TNAU
- Link for GAT – B Application Form (https://admissionsatpgschool.tnau.ac.in/)