TNAU has the pride of being the first State Agricultural University (SAU) to be accredited by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Recognizing the merits, the ICAR awarded “Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution Award 2021” under Agricultural University category and “Institute of Excellence Award 2021” and 8th FICCI Higher Education Excellence Awards 2022 to this institute. Overall, TNAU has secured National level 8th rank adjudged by ICAR for the year 2020. Among SAUs, TNAU stands 4th at the National level and 2nd among the Southern Agricultural Universities for this year.
TNAU stands 301-350 in QS Asia University Ranking, 351-400 rank in QS World University Ranking by Subject (Agriculture & Forestry) during 2021 respectively and 65th position in QS India Ranking for the year 2023. The ICAR has accredited Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore for a period of five years i.e. up to 31stMarch 2023.
- Infrastructure supporting research intensive projects and smart classrooms.
- Platform with well-established research linkages with national and international institutes for student exchange programs.
- ICAR accredited programs with curricula matching real world expectations.
- In house cell that facilitates scholars to publish in peer reviewed journals.
- In house cell that facilitates scholars to promote more students’ patents.
- Facilities to strengthen students’ innovations with industries.
In the recent years, 100 per cent of the masters and doctoral students at this institute are supported with various fellowship/ scholarship opportunities. Though COVID-19 pandemic took the world by storm and has especially impacted education, TNAU has taken a first step among the SAUs in the Country to provide uninterrupted education for master’s and doctoral students by initiating remote teaching program.