A. HCRI/PAL/HOR/FRU/2013/001- Identification ,evaluation and development of a gumless jackfruit variety suitable for urban market in Tamil Nadu
- The genotype AH-10 identified in the farmer holding Th. Ramalingam, Pudukoorapet, Vridhachalam was found to be superior in its quality and yield.
- Individual fruit weight 5 kg with 80 carpels each weighing 25 g and seed weight of 7.5 g.
- TSS of the fruit is 38° brix with pale yellow carpels
- Latex after ripening in the fruit is only few drops/ less quantity in the central core alone.
Four seedless jamun genotypes SC 1, SC 27, SC 33 and SC 40 were identified. It was also found that the gibberelic acid causes seedlessness. GA3 Spray @ 100, 200 and 300 ppm during bud breaking and flowering stages have resulted 100% seedless fruits in the genotypes SC 1.
C. SEED/PAL/SST/VEG/2013/001-Flowering behaviour and methods intensifying fruit set and seed yield in brinjal cultivars
Flowering harmonization by GA3 spray @ 10ppm @ 60, 90, 120 days after planting was found to increase three fruit set (96.4%), seed yield (274.8 and 262.8 kg/ha) and seed recovery (5.2 and 5.5%) in brinjal varieties PLR1 and PLR (Br) 2.
D. CPBG/PAL/PBG/VEG/2015/004-Development of bottle gourd hybrids with small-to-medium sized cylindrical fruits suitable for local and export markets.
Three lines PL1214, PL1217 & PL1210 with characters ideal for export viz., less than 20 cm fruit length, fruit weight of 260 g to 300 g, light green fruit skin and cylindrical fruit shape without neck were developed for varietal testing.
Ten homozygous parental lines in a cylindrical fruit shape back ground were developed for utilizing us parents in the breeding programme for development of Bottle gourd hybrids.
E. SEED/PLR/SST/VEG/ 2017/001- Standardization of seed extraction techniques for snake gourd (Trichosanthes cucumerina L.) and bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria)
- In Snake gourd, seeds extracted by rubbing with sand recorded higher seed recovery (27.6%), germination (62%), speed of germination (4.16) and vigour index (883) followed by seed extraction by rubbing with soil recorded seed recovery (21.0%), germination (52%), speed of germination (3.66) and vigour index (741) whereas, control (seed extraction by rubbing with hands recorded lower seed recovery (17.6%), germination (35%), speed of germination (2.06) and vigour index (527).
In fermentation method, the pulp fermented for 24 hours recorded higher germination (44%) when compared to 12 hours (22%), 36 hours (40%) and for 48 hours (20%).In HCl treatment method, among different concentration and durations, seeds extracted by using conc. HCl @ 30 ml/kg of pulp for 10 minutes duration recorded higher germination of 50 per cent.
2. In Bottle gourd, the seed extraction by fermentation for 48 hours recorded higher germination (93%), Speed of germination (12.17), and Vigour Index (918). Followed by seed extraction by fermentation for 36 hours recorded germination (73%), speed of germination (5.59) with the Vigour Index of 902 whereas, control (dry seed extraction) recorded germination (62%), Speed of germination (3.08) and Vigour index (604).In conc. HCl treatment method, seed extracted by using con. HCl @ 10 ml / kg of pulp for 30 minutes recorded higher germination (44%), Speed of germination (3.08) and Vigour Index (443) whereas the seeds extracted by using conc. HCl @ 30 ml/kg of pulp for 10 minutes recorded lower germination (37%), speed of germination (3.05) and Vigour index (383).