This Research station was started as second Agricultural Research Station in the state during the year 1905 and functioned as Multi Crop Experiment Station from 1951 to 1988. It was brought under Tamil Nadu Agricultural University from 01.04.1981 and is functioning as Vegetable Research Station since 1989.
- 1905 – Established as second Agricultural Research Station in the state
- 1905-1950 – Groundnut Research Centre
- 1951- 1988 – Multi crop Experiment Station
- 1988 – till date – Vegetable Research Station
This station was established to cater the needs of the farmers of the then South Arcot District. The station is located in Panruti taluk of Cuddalore district. Initially, the research activities were focused on groundnut for a period of 45 years and then on other crops for nearly 38 years. Since 1982, the station is functioning under TNAU and concentrating on research works in jackfruit and vegetables.