- Spraying with decamethrin 0.003 %, monocrotophos 0.05%, fenvalerate 0.02% showed considerable reduction in capsule borer infestation of 26.0, 27.2 and 28.2 % capsule damage respectively.
- Spinosad 0.018 % was found to be most effective against semilooper (70 % reduction of foliage damage) and capsule borer damage (6.9 %)
- Spraying with profenophos 0.05 % was found to be effective against capsule borer which recorded lowest capsule borer infestation of 1.6 % with highest seed yield of 974 kg/ha with favourable B: C ratio of 2.07.
- Profenophos 0.05 %, acephate 0.075 %, deltamethrin 0.003 % and monocrotophos 0.072 % effective in controlling the defoliators and reduction in foliation damage was 79 to 87 % over untreated control
- Mechanical control along with monocrotophos (0.03%) spray resulted in effective control of spodoptera (0.6 Nos. / Plant) and hairy caterpillar (0.6 Nos. /plant) and increased castor seed yield of 811 kg/ha with B:C ratio of 2.7
- Total of 3.42 lakh numbers of Acerophagous papayae, a parasitoid of cassava mealy bug, Paracoccus marginatus were distributed to 1173 farmers, at free of cost, covering an area of 4453 acres in Salem, Namakkal, Dharmapuri, Villupuram and Trichy districts since December 2010.
- Foliar spray of carbendazim (0.1%) + Wetting agents (0.5 ml/lit.) at 45 and 60 days after sowing is recommended for control of Botrytis grey mold of castor.
- Soil drenching of copper oxy chloride @ 2.5 g/lit on 3rd and 6th month of planting and soil application of Trichoderma viride @ 2.5 kg/ha as basal, 3rd and 6th month of planting for the management of tuber rot in tapioca.