Training Organized / Conducted
- Popularization of improved agro techniques for tapioca and castor
- Precision farming techniques in high value crops
- Hi-tech nursery techniques in horticulture crops
Training organized and attended with other allied departments are as follows Seed enhancement training,
- Castor annual workshop,
- Seed enhancement training,
- Farmers mela, zonal meeting,
- ATMA DLMC Meeting,
- Farmers Grievances day meet,
- Krishi Vigyan Mela training programme,
- SSEPERS training,
- Honeybee rearing technologies ” to the tribal SBGF women
- Training programme on “Recent technologies and Developments in castor cultivation” AICRP-IFS programme to Extension officials and Input dealers
- Field day celebration on tapioca and castor hybrids
- Front line demonstration in hybrid castor
- Multi location trials for evolving new genotype in castor
- Popularizing castor with onion intercropping systems under drip fertigation.
- Survey and monitoring of tapioca and castor pests and diseases and developing IPM techniques
- Development of model villages with crop demonstrations in SRI, maize and pulses, precision farming, information education and capacity building programmes
- Farm advisory services through e – Velanmai
- Promoting agriculture allied sector for additional income and social recognition
- Dissemination of technologies through mass media, exhibition, annual reports, booklets, pamphlets and leaflets.
- Solving field problems
- In order to disseminate proven technologies on hybrid castor cultivation, front line demonstrations, on farm testing and method demonstration are being conducted in the farmers holding on cluster basis with the financial assistance from AICRP-Castor and DAC & FW, NMOOP programme.
- Besides, both on and off campus training programme on hybrid castor cultivation and seed production are being imparted to the extension officials, progressive farmers and entrepreneurs.
- Diagnostic field visits are being made regularly with a team of scientist in the castor growing districts and suitable remedial measures are given accordingly.
- Celebration of Field day and organising farmers interactive meetings during peak castor season in the farmers field for wide spread technology dissemination.
- Recent technologies in hybrid castor cultivation are broad casted regularly through AIR and DD, Chennai.
Product for sale:
- Tapioca setts YTP – 1, YTP – 2
- Castor hybrid seeds – YRCH1, YRCH2, DCH 519, DCH 177
- Castor variety YTP 1, TMV 5
- Castor gold
- TNAU Coconut tonic
- Bio control agents (Trichoderma viride, Pseudomonas fluorescens)
- Papaya parasitoid (Acerophagus papayae)
- Vegetable seeds