ICAR-All India Coordinated Research Project on Integrated Farming Systems (AICRP on IFS)
On-Farm Research Centre: Tapioca and Castor Research Station, TNAU, Yethapur, Salem
On Farm crop response to plant nutrients in Pre-dominant cropping systems and their impact on crop-livestock-human continuum.
- To assess the response of major crops to nutrients in predominant cropping systems in different agro – climatic regions.
- To estimate the impact of nutrient application levels on deficiency in crop – livestock – human Food chain
The major cropping sequence selected are Maize (Kharif) – Maize (Rabi) in Thalaivasal block and Groundnut (Kharif) – finger millet (Rabi) in Mecheri block.
Diversification of existing farming systems under marginal household conditions
- To enhance the productivity and profitability of marginal farmers households through IFS approach
- To improve the livelihood and nutritional security through diversification approach
- To estimate the impact of capacity building in diversification of crop + livestock system
On-Farm Evaluation of Farming System Modules for improving profitability and Livelihood of small and marginal farmers
- To address critical constraints of small and marginal farm holders for overall improvement of productivity
- To increase the profitability of small and marginal households and ensure livelihood