|Name and Designation||:||Dr.K.T.PARTHIBAN
Forest College and Research Institute
Mettupalayam – 641 301
|Professional Specialization||:||Tree Breeding and Biotechnology|
|Professional Experience||:||1. 27 Years as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor and now as a Dean of the Institute
2. Teaching, Research and Extension activities in Professional Forestry
3. Teaching UG, PG and Ph.D. programmes in Forestry
4. Research and Developmental activities in Tree improvement and Value chain based Industrial Agroforestry
5. Outreach activities through Consortium and Business Incubation mode
|Professional achievements||1. Released 7 clones in tree, through State Variety Release Committee
2. Developed High yielding Short Rotation Hybrid Clones in Jatropha
3. Developed an innovative and pioneering Miniclonal Technology for tree crops
4. Conceived Tri and Quad partite model Contract tree farming and implemented through pulp, ply, match and dendropower industries.
5. Implemented Value chain models for Industrial Agroforestry
6. Established price supportive system for farm grown trees
7. Conceived and introduced Tree insurance scheme first time in India
8. Establishment of over 75000 ha of organized agroforestry plantations in association with Consortium Industries.
9. Established Consortium of Industrial Agroforestry and resolved the issues in Production to consumption system.
|International research visits and Interactions||:||1. Forest Biotechnology at Kinsealy Research Centre, Ireland.
2. Application of Micro symbionts in Trees University of Glasgow Scotland, University of Aberdeen Scotland, UK
3. Gene transformation studies at Orstom Laboratory, France.
4. Controlled Breeding and Mini clonal technology at University of Saupaulo, Brazil.
5. Biofuel experience in University .of Groningen, Holland.
6. Biofuel development – Denmark.
7. Forestry Educational Experience in the Hongkong and Philippines.
8. Transestrification Technology at the Mission Biofuels, Malaysia
9. Biofuels Development, The Netherlands
10. A Value Chain Management in Forestry, Vienna, Austria.
11. Industrial Agroforestry, Hungary
12. Industrial Agroforestry, Baralo Italy
13. Visit to Sri Lanka as a resource person for the International Conference
|1. 35 Industries of Paper, Timber, Match, Plywood, biofuel, Packing case , Pattern, Value addition and biomass based power generation.
2. Over 100 Colleges / Universities / Institutions / Other Organizations
|Role in Professional and Academic Bodies||1.||1. Vice President – Indian Society of Agroforestry, Jhansi, U.P
2. Member – RAC, ICAR – Central Agroforestry Research Institute, Jhansi
3. Member – PRT, ICAR Accreditation Committee, UAHS, Shivamoga
4. Member- Sandal Development Committee, Niti aayog, New Delhi
5. Member – ICAR 6th Deans’ Committee, ICAR, New Delhi
6. Member – Technical Committee on Prosopis
7. Member – Technical Committee on Eucalyptus
8. Member – Technical Committee, National Bamboo Mission, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, GoI, New Delhi
9. Member – Research Advisory Committee, State Forest Department, Chennai.
10. DBT Nominee – Institutional Biosafety Committee
11. Member – DST Review Committee, New Delhi
12. Member – Indian Society of Agroforestry, Jhansi, U.P
13. Member – District level Environment Impact Assessment & Appraisal Authority
14. Member Secretary & Co-ordinator – Consortium of Industrial Agroforestry, FCRI, Mettupalayam
15. Project Proponent and Nodal Officer – Agroforestry Business Incubator
16. Member- Academic council, TNAU, Coimbatore
|Books and Research papers||19 and 148|
|Most Popular Books||1. Objective Forestry – For All Competitive Examination
2. Forestry – A Subjective guide for IFS Aspirants.
3. Forestry Technologies – A Complete Value Chain Approach.