|Name and Designation||:||Dr.K.T.PARTHIBAN
Forest College and Research Institute
Mettupalayam – 641 301
|Professional Specialization||:||Tree Breeding and Biotechnology|
|Professional Experience||:||1. 23 Years as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and now as a Professor
2. Teaching, Research and Extension activities in Professional Forestry
|Professional achievements||1. Released 5 clones in tree, through State Variety Release Committee
2. Developed High yielding Short Rotation Hybrid Clones in Jatropha
3. Developed an innovative and pioneering Miniclonal Technology for tree crops
4. Conceived Tri and Quad partite model Contract tree farming and implemented through pulp, ply, match and dendropower industries.
5. Implemented Value chain models for Industrial Agroforestry
6. Established price supportive system for farm grown trees
7. Conceived and introduced Tree insurance scheme first time in India
8. Establishment of over 70000 ha of organized agroforestry plantations in association with Consortium Industries.
9. Established Consortium of Industrial Agroforestry and resolved the issues in Production to consumption system.
|International research visits and Interactions||:||1. Forest Biotechnology at Kinsealy Research Centre, Ireland.
2. Application of Micro symbionts in Trees University of Glasgow Scotland, University of Aberdeen Scotland, UK
3. Gene transformation studies at Orstom Laboratory, France.
4. Controlled Breeding and Mini clonal technology at University of Saupaulo, Brazil.
5. Biofuel experience in University .of Groningen, Holland.
6. Biofuel development – Denmark.
7. Forestry Educational Experience in the Hongkong and Philippines.
8. Transestrification Technology at the Mission Biofuels, Malaysia
9. Biofuels Development, The Netherlands
10. A Value Chain Management in Forestry, Vienna, Austria.
11. Industrial Agroforestry, Hungary
12. Industrial Agroforestry, Baralo Italy
|1. 22 Industries of Paper, match, plywood, biofuel and biomass based power generation.
2. Over 100 Colleges / Universities / Institutions
|Role in Professional and Academic Bodies||1.||1. Member – Research Advisory Committee, State Forest Department, Chennai.
2. DBT Nominee – Institutional Biosafety Committee, IFGTB
3. Coordinator – Consortium of Industrial Agroforestry, FCRI, Mettupalayam
4. Member – DST Review Committee, New Delhi
5. Member – Indian Society of Agroforestry, Jhansi, M.P
6. Member – Board of Studies (Forestry), TNAU, Coimbatore
7. Member – Academic Council, TNAU, Coimbatore
8. Member – Advisory Board of Consortium on FP7 Regions of Knowledge Call, Germany
|Books and Research papers||16 and 108|
|Most Popular Books||1. Objective Forestry – For All Competitive Examination
2. Forestry – A Subjective guide for IFS Aspirants.
3. Forestry Technologies – A Complete Value Chain Approach.