The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) had its genesis from establishment of an Agricultural School at Saidapet, Madras, Tamil Nadu, as early as 1868 and it was later relocated at Coimbatore.
– The TNAU Alumni association was registered as a Society during 2nd June 2020 to encourage brotherhood amongst Alumni of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University and to encourage and motivate the members to disseminate their knowledge in the field of agriculture.
– At present, there are 8409 registered members and 3301 life membership in TNAU Alumni association.
– Three Annual General Body meetings and 16 Executive Committee Meetings were conducted to discuss various issues and activities related to Association and various resolutions were passed by the past two years.
– Under TNAU Alumni Tree Care programme (ATCP) during the Golden Jubilee year totally 60 trees were planted and Various infrastructure facilities was also sponsored at Botanic Garden
– 23 TNAU Alumni batch meets were conducted.
– The networking of Overseas TNAU Alumni has been initiated